Whisk(e)y Lovers thread(II)

Jitters

Show and tell.

after lots of back and forth i settled on ahcentoshan 12 and bowmore 1
sadly the booze budget is not what it used to be

I bought for the next few months so went outside the budget, also bought a few things I've had my eye on for awhile.

This is what I ended up getting, always wanted to try Compass box so got everything they had.

Green Spot Irish Whiskey
Glenmorangie The Nectar D'OR
Compass Box Great King St. Glasgow
Compass Box Artist's Blend
Arran Barrel Reserve
Compass Box Hedonism
Hibiki Suntory
Knob Creek 9 Year Old
Compass Box The Peat Monster
Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old
Wild Turkey Bourbon

Dracodius

Hi All

I saw a bottle of Whisky that I have been trying to source since lockdown started (unfortunately it seems the pandemic resulted in the local importer here in Cape Town closing down).

Its seems that it may now be available through https://www.ontherocksza.com - but I could not find much info about them (seems they were also mentioned back in posts #758 & #759)

I wanted to ask if people have purchased from them before with good experiences or better to steer clear and hopefully try and find it from another source in future.

Dracodius

Which Whisky? Perhaps someone here knows of a place.
Cu Dhub black whisky

I checked with the distillery about a year ago and they are still around and are changing up the bottle label a bit but mentioned that they did not have anyone in South Africa at that time doing the distribution (probably not a big demand for it, but the wife and myself quite enjoy it).

DramBuddy

Hi All

I saw a bottle of Whisky that I have been trying to source since lockdown started (unfortunately it seems the pandemic resulted in the local importer here in Cape Town closing down).

Its seems that it may now be available through https://www.ontherocksza.com - but I could not find much info about them (seems they were also mentioned back in posts #758 & #759)

I wanted to ask if people have purchased from them before with good experiences or better to steer clear and hopefully try and find it from another source in future.

I've got a bottle of Kilchoman Port Cask from him. He delivered it personally to me. I've got him on Whatsapp, pm if u want his details.

Btw, I could be convinced to part with my bottle
f7a59b935a26dc6764a6a4b6127408f5.jpg

mbayshark

Expert Member
Some lekker bargains to be had again at P&P today with there 20% off on any 2 bottles. Even already discounted stuff. Like previous years probably the best place to buy your whisky today.

derp90

Recommendations for R200-300 whiskies at PnP? Will probably get a Bains, but then want to try something different, maybe a bourbon or very smoky whisky.

ands45

Expert Member
Recommendations for R200-300 whiskies at PnP? Will probably get a Bains, but then want to try something different, maybe a bourbon or very smoky whisky.
Although I haven't tried it, I see makers mark is R299 on special

The Tumnavulin is also decent whisky and works out at R280 a bottle

Last edited:

ands45

Expert Member
Some lekker bargains to be had again at P&P today with there 20% off on any 2 bottles. Even already discounted stuff. Like previous years probably the best place to buy your whisky today.
It was on yesterday as well, already stocked up