Attachments

• 65F63653-419A-4D67-9BF2-057F3E28A9D0.jpeg
    65F63653-419A-4D67-9BF2-057F3E28A9D0.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 47

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Proper scammers
They stick their own barcode over as well
That is insane! Who you going to report them to? I don't thing Takealot will do anything. They probably have it in the small print somewhere that they are not responsible when this happens. I'd be wanting to call the cops if it was me :cautious:

EDIT...
  • Third Party Sellers
    1. Takealot will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Goods are for sale by a Third Party Seller. In such cases Takealot only provides the platform to facilitate transactions between Third Party Sellers and Takealot customers. Takealot is neither the buyer nor the seller of these Goods unless otherwise specified.
    2. The Sale formed on acceptance of your order (in accordance with clause 5.2) for Goods that are for sale by a Third Party Seller is therefore solely between the registered user and such Third Party Seller. Takealot is not a party to that sale.
    3. The Third Party Seller is solely responsible for fulfilment of delivery of the Goods. The Third Party Seller is also responsible to provide an invoice to the registered user if required.
    4. Not all Third Party Sellers are registered VAT (Value-Added Tax) vendors. Only Third Party Sellers who are registered VAT vendors may charge VAT on Goods sold and issue a tax invoice in respect thereof. If a Third Party Seller is not a registered VAT Vendor, it may not charge VAT on Goods sold and will not be in a position to issue a tax invoice in respect thereof.
    5. Because Takealot wants the registered user to have a safe and consistent experience, Takealot will handle any returns under the CPA or the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (“ECT Act”), by the registered user arising out of or in connection with the Sale between a registered user and a Third Party Seller on behalf of the Third Party Seller according to Takealot’s own Returns Policy. Should such claim escalate into being a dispute, although Takealot is entitled to become involved in an attempt to resolve it, Takealot is not obliged to do so and any disputes must be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller alone.

Last edited:

ands45

Expert Member
Proper scammers
They stick their own barcode over as well
Wow thats dodgy, still cant understand how they still on Takealot

Let us know how it goes, cause it's not like you can simply return it as liquor is non returnable

elbie23

I’ve returned before, I think that is where these scammers make their money. The poor saps that don’t think can return and just suffer the losses.

I had emailed them last week already asking takealot to confirm with supplier and takealot said they had confirmed too that it was correct whisky

I wonder if anyone has contact to brand ambassadors of RGBC and maybe getting the brands involved could get them off takealot? The covering of the barcode and sticking own thing on surely is illegal

heartbroken

Expert Member
Go on Twitter and Facebook and post how Takealot is selling fake good and how you got scammed, even though it's a third party they tend to respond when it's their name.

heartbroken

Expert Member
In unrelated news, I am 1 incident away from banning any purchases on Takealot in our company if it shows it's sold by someone else. We've had endless issues with everything from wrong items being delivered to just never getting an invoice even after several requests. There is this one clown that sends invoices at least, but all of them have the same invoice number even though it's different amounts and items. Explain that to an over eager auditor.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Go on Twitter and Facebook and post how Takealot is selling fake good and how you got scammed, even though it's a third party they tend to respond when it's their name.
Hopefully this will get their attention. The time I emailed them to say that ACA Liquors is ripping their customers off with their prices they basically replied to me and said if I don't like it then I do not have to buy from Takealot.

Do you know who might be interested to hear this? The Liquor Board.
I'm sure this could affect their liquor license :whistling:

heartbroken

Expert Member
Hopefully this will get their attention. The time I emailed them to say that ACA Liquors is ripping their customers off with their prices they basically replied to me and said if I don't like it then I do not have to buy from Takealot.

Do you know who might be interested to hear this? The Liquor Board.
I'm sure this could affect their liquor license :whistling:
I get the argument around pricing, shop around if you believe it's cheaper. Even a wrong item shipped, that is okay, mistakes happen. ACA Liquors on the other hand purposefully stuck different bar codes on products so that they can be picked and sent out by Takealot.

DramBuddy

I get the argument around pricing, shop around if you believe it's cheaper. Even a wrong item shipped, that is okay, mistakes happen. ACA Liquors on the other hand purposefully stuck different bar codes on products so that they can be picked and sent out by Takealot.

Third party sellers are required by Takealot to cover the products barcode with a barcode provided by Takealot. AcaLiquors have put the GD 18 yo barcode on the other containers . The receiving Takealot warehouse should have picked this up unless it's been specifically ignored. It can always be claimed to be a mistake.

heartbroken

Expert Member
Third party sellers are required by Takealot to cover the products barcode with a barcode provided by Takealot. AcaLiquors have put the GD 18 yo barcode on the other containers . The receiving Takealot warehouse should have picked this up unless it's been specifically ignored. It can always be claimed to be a mistake.
Is it just me that finds it amazing that the picker didn't notice that even though the 3 barcodes scan the same, the 1 product looks completely different? Not unbelievable, just amazing.

Rah_Skill

Is it just me that finds it amazing that the picker didn't notice that even though the 3 barcodes scan the same, the 1 product looks completely different? Not unbelievable, just amazing.
Are they not picked up already packed from the third-party seller?

That appears to be the case with all of my orders.

heartbroken

Expert Member
Are they not picked up already packed from the third-party seller?

That appears to be the case with all of my orders.
I don’t really know how Takealot works. I know some of my international clients ship a container full at a time to be stocked in a third party warehouse. I always thought you had to keep stock in the TA warehouse as a third party.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Adding to this list of gargantuan things, a new Guinness Book of World Records has been set for the largest bottle of whisky ever sold. The name – The Intrepid. The colossal bottle is nearly 6 ft tall (5’11), holding 311 liters (414.6 of 750mls), and width twice that of the average person.

And you know what they say – it’s what’s on the inside that counts. In this case, it’s 32 year old Macallan, so a WHOLE BUNCH of the good stuff.

In the end, Intrepid sold for $1.4M via Lyon and Turnbull Auction House. Not too shab.

1653635598440.png

Source