• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Whiskey Lovers thread

KantSnyer

So Aficionados is closing down. They're also having a closing down sale, if anyone wants to go take a look.
Thanks for the heads up, never used them before is that the items in the Marked Down section of their site or did you get a newsletter?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
So I haven't had whiskey in a while. I picked up bottle of Paddy's and discovered that I could hardly get it down. It was so SWEET, like syrup. Tried Jamesons....sweet.

WTF?
Try a Scotch already. Something smooth and non peaty like Glenmorangie.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
I need another suggestion for a whisky to try but nothing too peaty please. I would prefer something in the region of R500 or less.

I have tried, and enjoy, the following;

Singleton
Highland Park
Glenfiddich
Glen Livet
Glenmorangie
Glen Grant
Loch Lomond
Nikka
Black Bottle

I checked on Makro's site last night and they seem to have a wide variety available.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I need another suggestion for a whisky to try but nothing too peaty please. I would prefer something in the region of R500 or less.

Singleton
Highland Park
Glenfiddich
Glen Livet
Glenmorangie
Glen Grant
Loch Lomond
Nikka
Black Bottle

I checked on Makro's site last night and they seem to have a wide variety available.
Benriach 10yo
Tullibardine 225

These are excellent drams that fall within your palate and price range at Makro.

Luben

Singleton
Highland Park
Glenfiddich
Glen Livet
Glenmorangie
Glen Grant
Loch Lomond
Nikka
Black Bottle

Check out the Dewars 12 year old, around R300 and well worth the money. Also, it's better than the 15 year old which is sub-R400. Also, check out the Aficionados sale, there's a Balblair around R360.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Check out the Dewars 12 year old, around R300 and well worth the money. Also, it's better than the 15 year old which is sub-R400. Also, check out the Aficionados sale, there's a Balblair around R360.
Thanks very much, forgot about Aficionados

eehellfire

Executive Member

Singleton
Highland Park
Glenfiddich
Glen Livet
Glenmorangie
Glen Grant
Loch Lomond
Nikka
Black Bottle

If you're in JHB, check out Whiskey Brother