Whiskey Lovers thread

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Just got 2 with a Laphroaig gift pack but they don't have a base. If you find a place that sells them please share also hunting them down.
I special ordered a bunch from Bottleshop, actually. I emailed them this morning to ask if they could get more. I'll let you guys know on here.

eehellfire

Executive Member
Seeing that glass - the only glass I have is a Glenfiddich nosing glass I got in a gift pack. I'm now hunting for more of those Glencairn snifters for my personal collection as well. Just want a few.
Pity that you missed the Afficianados closing down sale. They were selling packs of them at R35 - R50 a glass

djungled

I'm a johnny black and jameson guy :)

Recently I drank black and white with some friends, I must say that whiskey has gone up in taste. Not grand but better than before. Did they change something ?

What is chivas ?
The taste improves after the first and even more so after the second... :)

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Good news for all us Irish Whiskey fans:

Red Spot is back !!

Modern day drinkers of the Spot Whiskeys range out of Ireland likely don’t know much about the long tail history of this brand, particularly that of Red Spot. Once the top spot of this line up, the last bottles of Red Spot Irish whiskey were produced in the mid-1960s. It then drifted into whiskey history, now being brought back after a 50 year hiatus in a re-imagined expression.

What one has here for this reincarnated version is a whiskey that’s done in the triple distilled, single pot still style and aged a minimum of 15 years in a combination of casks pre-seasoned with Bourbon, Oloroso Sherry and Marsala fortified wine.

Plans call for Red Spot to be bottled at 46% ABV and without chill-filtration. It will price around €115, or about $130 USD, and should start hitting different regional markets in the coming months.

You’ll find some official tasting notes below:

Aroma: Pot still spices with rich cooked fruit, baked apple, mango and black cherry. Hazelnut and a touch of new leather fused with toasted American oak

Taste: A mix of ripe fruit sweetness from the Marsala seasoned wine casks. While the fruit remains, sweet red pepper and cracked black pepper add some spiciness, finished by notes of American oak and barley

Finish: An extra long infusion of fruits and spices

MaxKool

So Whiskey Brothers do have stock... I called in this morning. Its not the original crystal Glencairn glass though... Its a glass alternative. The crystal original would be first prize if it could be found locally.

Naks

Expert Member
My guess is that will cost you >R12k (minimum) for the collection, if it gets released here.
I don't mind forking out the money for this collection, considering the quality.

feedback from WhiskyBrothers:

"Hi. We do not know yet at this point in time if SA will be getting stock. We have asked the importer and are waiting for a reply. Will let you know if we do."