Whiskey Lovers thread

Quad

What I did:

1. Put one teaspoon (5ml) of light brown sugar into a tumbler (you can use 1t of sugar or a sugar cube - same thing and apparently brown sugar works well).

2. Douse the sugar with a few dashes of bitters (4-5 dashes) and add a few drops of water. Muddle ingredients together.

3. Add 60ml bourbon (or whisky of choice) and stir until the sugar is dissolved.

4. Add large ice cubes (I used a big ice ball) and stir until condensation appears on outside of glass meaning drink is sufficiently chilled. Add an orange slice or a twist of rind or even a dehydrated orange wheel for garnish if you have. I didn't do this.

5. Drink.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I've also only very recently gotten into making old fashioneds. Really enjoying it. Gonna be great as summer starts ramping up. Really good with maple syrup.

Luben

That Swedish whisky is nice.

Four oak. Keen to try it but reviews suggest it's underwhelming?

What's the Robert something?
The Macmyra Ek is also excellent, non-peated versus the peated Rok.

Rather skip on the Four Oak, was a total waste of my duty-free allowance. It's like someone added some brickettes into the mix for flavour, a bit of a bitter aftertaste.

Robert Burns from Arran. I was quite surprised by this whisky, sub-R500 release from Arran. Very easy drinking, more of the bourbon cask flavours coming out but the Sherry cask influence is there as well. It's available at Checkers.

https://www.arranwhisky.com/shop-whiskies/single-malts/10-the-robert-burns-single-malt