Whiskey Lovers thread

Quad

^nice. I see the new branding has finally landed here.
Landed here via a whisky mule and not through any official release by Bruichladdich into this market :mad: I've heard via an industry grapevine that there is no current plans to this new 10yo to SA yet. Something to do with our 750ml bottling requirement (or so I've heard).

It's a 70cl bottle which a mate brought me from the UK. Its peated to 40ppm, so definitely not to Octomore standards.

This bottle will remain sealed, however, while I work my way through quite a number of other open bottles.

edit - locally we will have to make do with this:

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Landed here via a whisky mule and not through any official release by Bruichladdich into this market :mad: I've heard via an industry grapevine that there is no current plans to this new 10yo to SA yet. Something to do with our 750ml bottling requirement (or so I've heard).

It's a 70cl bottle which a mate brought me from the UK. Its peated to 40ppm, so definitely not to Octomore standards.

This bottle will remain sealed, however, while I work my way through quite a number of other open bottles.

edit - locally we will have to make do with this:
Odd. I chatted to the local rep towards the end of last year and it sounded like we would be getting the rebrand soon, perhaps not the entire range though?

With the dwindling economy and plummeting rand it might well be that we'll be seeing less options in the future. My 2c.

Quad

Odd. I chatted to the local rep towards the end of last year and it sounded like we would be getting the rebrand soon, perhaps not the entire range though?

With the dwindling economy and plummeting rand it might well be that we'll be seeing less options in the future. My 2c.
I sincerely hope that you are right and I'm wrong.