White anxiety and the rise of the Freedom Front Plus

jack_spratt

Expert Member
The FF+ slogan, ‘Slaan Terug’ (Fight Back), and its media managers’ digital and physical campaigns in the party’s green, orange and white posters, which mimic the colours of the old Afrikaner republic ‘Vierkleur’ – four-colour flag – saw its election plans fly. The party hurt the DA’s ambitious campaign to win three provinces – but, as one observer notes, most Afrikaners still voted DA.

“Everywhere we went, we heard the same thing. People were saying, ‘Jissus! It’s Eskom, it’s crime, it must stop and someone must say ‘Enough is enough’,” says Freedom Front Plus spokesperson Pieter Swart.

Snip

Added to this is the dominance of identity politics that places race at the centre of politics. Theories of whiteness and white privilege (which focus on whites as oppressors), as well as of decolonisation politics, have been embraced and claimed by only a small section of white commentators or public figures, but they are influential enough to mask how isolating and marginalising this form of politics can be.
Link

rambo919

Expert Member
Pissing into the wind in many ways, the ANC has embraced and now it's extinguishing.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
No sh*t. What do you think will happen when you have the EFF and ANC hate mongers running around?

Emjay

Executive Member
Many friends amoungst them :confused:
I had a very large social group 7 years ago. All but one family has left. I ask new people I meet if they are leaving SA anytime in the short term to decide if it's worth following up with them socially. It's pretty bleak tbh. The only plus side is I have friends on almost all of the planet's continents and endless travel opportunities. Only problem though is that it's still damn expensive with our terrible exchange rate.

surface

Executive Member
Nothing to discuss when it comes to intelligence. Look at the government..... See any ? Nope.

Edit..... Look at their voter base ....... same story.
Well, by your comment "applause for what, for being stupid?", you certainly insinuated that afrikaners that voted DA were stupid as well, so most of country is stupid. I think that is cool. We will wait and see how VF+ deals with the stupid now.

lumeer

“Everywhere we went, we heard the same thing. People were saying, ‘Jissus! It’s Eskom, it’s crime, it must stop and someone must say ‘Enough is enough’,” says Freedom Front Plus spokesperson Pieter Swart.
I wonder if Pieter Swart really said that? I'm sceptical, for a Christian Afrikaner would not readily say the word "jissus".

Emjay

Executive Member
Only black nationalism is acceptable, white nationalism is racist!
Just going to leave this here. Would love to see how people respond to articles about "black anxiety".
1557924596991.png

74% of blacks in the USA polled see race as central to their identity. Would love to see what that figure is in SA with larger racial distinctions in politics.

surface

Executive Member
Just going to leave this here. Would love to see how people respond to articles about "black anxiety".

74% of blacks in the USA polled see race as central to their identity. Would love to see what that figure is in SA.
Explain to me this. Blacks in SA get free houses, free electricity, free education, jobs on platter and don't pay taxes so why would they be anxious?