White anxiety and the rise of the Freedom Front Plus

Grant

Honorary Master
Estate agent in our area says people are leaving "in the hundreds. Leaving their parents, selling everything and going".
interesting
i dont know of one single family in my area planning to emigrate

I have run into people working at the US Embassy. They say they have queues almost every day now for months. My last set of long term friends are leaving in two weeks for the US.
i worked for the state dept at various missions - the public area of the consular sections have always had queues.
having said that, i never worked in the visa section. various applications go thru a 2 stage process after submission. the person receiving the application would check all required documents were attached an in order.
those would then go on to a 2nd person to go thru and check for discrepancies or problems.
those with discrepancies would be returned to the visa section & the applicant called to come in for an interview.
the "good" ones would be forwarded on to a consul or consul general for approval.
certain times of the year, just prior to winter and summer holidays, there would be a surge in applications.
these were farmed out to staff on a rotational basis for the 2nd stage check, i had my turn on many occasions.
residency applications were rare as they are usually motivated and sponsored from within the usa and go through a different process locally.

so yes, queues every day, in virtually every consulate across the planet.

**on a side note in some countries a "bribe" is customary & acceptable in the way the local population deals with things.
cash is often slipped in with documentation.
in some south american countries livestock is the preferred bribe, the sight of livestock in its various forms is not an uncommon sight near many embassies and consulates

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
**on a side note in some countries a "bribe" is customary & acceptable in the way the local population deals with things.
cash is often slipped in with documentation.
in some south american countries livestock is the preferred bribe, the sight of livestock in its various forms is not an uncommon sight near many embassies and consulates
How does one know these things? If I'm stopped for a traffic violation - what is customary to offer the nice policeman? How do you do it? Blatantly take out your wallet? Ask a leading question, 'Is there anything I can do to get you to ignore this?" Surreptitiously extract a note and slip it to him?

And other stuff, I don't know how many times I've heard - bribe the building inspector, give this or that bloke in the municipality some cash and they will do X faster, better, or just get round to doing it in the first place. But how do people know who, and how much and how to do it?

No, I'm not planning to bribe anyone, but it's one of those things you know happens, but personally I have no idea how it happens in terms of the specifics of the transaction. And yes I think about this stuff. It's puzzled me for years. Offering a bribe is a risk. The guy you are offering it to might be honest and jail your sorry behind for attempting to bribe him. So, how do people do it? How do they know how much, how to offer, when to offer, who to offer?

Jola

Honorary Master
Most people around here leaving because they've got young/ish children and are concerned for their future.
Hmm, I know of a few young families that have left / are leaving.

Can't say that I blame them, seems like a sensible thing to do.

crocopede

Most people around here leaving because they've got young/ish children and are concerned for their future.
With the current racial discrimination laws in this country and no talks about a sunset clause, there is little if no future at all for my children. Not the mention that snippets such as
Police said a two-year-old boy was shot in the head in an attempted hijacking near the R55 in Centurion.
is not uncommon in SA.

Milano

Honorary Master
StatsSA shows 22,000 whites leaving per year. You either know some of them or you don't. We also know that more than 22,000 professionals from other race groups are also leaving SA per year as whites no longer form the majority of those leaving. Then we also know there is a huge under count in those numbers as confirmed by HR.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
StatsSA shows 22,000 whites leaving per year. You either know some of them or you don't. We also know that more than 22,000 professionals from other race groups are also leaving SA per year as whites no longer form the majority of those leaving. Then we also know there is a huge under count in those numbers as confirmed by HR.
Anc's view..

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Whats interesting is that the author of the article writes the following:

Theories of whiteness and white privilege (which focus on whites as oppressors), as well as of decolonisation politics, have been embraced and claimed by only a small section of white commentators or public figures, but they are influential enough to mask how isolating and marginalising this form of politics can be.
So now whites are voting more in a "white nationalistic" way because they are being targeted and dehumanised via the "white this" white that" narrative. (No other race group experiences this narrative so directly as whites.)

But the the article title includes "white anxiety". I wonder if the author is aware he is doing exactly what he writes about above?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I just now saw a black guy walking along wearing a jacket emblazoned with the US Confederate flag. I must say even as a white person I felt anxious for his sake.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
The Good Book says "People are destroyed for a lack of knowledge" :laugh:
Although to be honest it says that 'My people are doomed because they do not acknowledge me. You priests have refused to acknowledge me and have rejected my teaching, and so I reject you and will not acknowledge your sons as my priests." so not really applicable.

surface

Expert Member
I must be the only one who does not know of any families who are leaving.
Many in IT sector that I know of. At least 5 in last year at a client I worked last year. Back then, there was actually a muted celebration when 2 gentlemen left for aussie shores. It should be interesting how they adapt their arrogance in oz. :ROFL::ROFL: