White male appointment 'broke policy'

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Oh boo-fscking-hoo. You're an advocate/attorney - you earn bucketful of cash every month. Why the hell are you worried about equity employment within the court?

Its honestly not like these guys don't have a job. Maybe they can't bribe this guy, maybe they would prefer to add a few cool million to their salaries through bribes by being appointed.

Can someone explain to me why these appointments need to be AA?

Last edited:

marine1

Honorary Master
Yeah, lets all vote ANC next election or better yet lets not vote at all.:rolleyes: Go and VOTE next election.

Turiko

Banned
Yes I agree with the comment of not voting at all- I stopped voting a long time ago as it does not make any measurable difference. This bad govt will stay in power till kingdom come!

Nod

Executive Member
Did they ask who the other candidates for the job were? Or how long the post was advertised for? Maybe, just maybe, Mr Calitz was the best man for the job, or even the only applicant?

Sneeky

Honorary Master
If you do not vote, you really don't have a leg to stand on when complaining!

sox63

Executive Member
Did they ask who the other candidates for the job were? Or how long the post was advertised for? Maybe, just maybe, Mr Calitz was the best man for the job, or even the only applicant?
IOL is not telling the whole story as usual. But it would be interesting to know the answers to your questions. But for them, the headline as it stands makes them more money.

Bismuth

Expert Member
I doubt it, their only concern seems to be that he is a white male. Whether or not he is the best man for the job is irrelevant in their eyes.

B

CathJ

Expert Member
Weell, that depends.

If you don't vote because you can't bothered, then I agree with you.

If you don't vote because you're abstaining and making a statement that none of the options are acceptable, then you're perfectly allowed to complain.

Slooth

Expert Member
AA creates the impression that blacks are dumber than whites and need a law to ensure they are employed?

Turiko

Banned

And therefore I do not complain. Regardless of whether I voted or not, where does complaining get me? NOWHERE!!!!! :)

ldmelsa

Executive Member
Yes I agree with the comment of not voting at all- I stopped voting a long time ago as it does not make any measurable difference. This bad govt will stay in power till kingdom come!
Self-fulfilling prophecy. ;)

Turiko

Banned
Doesn't matter what you want to call it. I have better things to do with my time actually. If they make voting days a public holiday then it's cool for me too- sit lekker by de huis and do f-all and relax :)

Sneeky

Honorary Master
And therefore I do not complain. Regardless of whether I voted or not, where does complaining get me? NOWHERE!!!!! :)
AA - one of the things that makes SA 'slow as molasses'
rofl
:D

Last edited:
F

Fudzy

Unfortunately, if a company (or judicial system in this case) states that it makes employment in accordance to an equity policy they need to stick to it if the current demographics aren't balanced.