White sasol employees to go on strike because of 'exclusion based on race'

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Every single time black people organise a strike it is met with outrage, i've seen how people on this forum lose their minds whenever there is a strike.
Self pity.

Yeah, people tend to not like it when the power grid or economy is deliberately screwed over when there is a strike.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yeah, people tend to not like it when the power grid or economy is screwed over when there is a strike.
Ok then, but that is not the point at all, you might want to scroll back and have a look at what I was responding to

RedViking

Nord of the South
They must do what all the other whites do and immigrate if they can afford it. The country is not gonna change its racist laws, it will hurt the rich and corrupt.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Because black people burn and destroy as far as they go when they strike.

Not even a piece of cardboard burned at my employer. Furthermore, I've never seen/heard of damage to property at my ex employer. Both these places are majority Numsa members. The damage to property is a recent phenomenon that doesn't happen often in the private sector.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Every single time recently that "white people" organized a strike it was met with outrage. In fact when a strike doesn't support the narrative, like during the Zuma era, the way that strike was derailed was to say that it was coming from white people. IMO if "white people" weren't implicated in the Zuma must fall movement he would have been removed far sooner.

It isn't really about what the race of the people are. But if you want something in this country to get rejected or hated right off the bat, you throw the word "white" in there.

Literally nothing good is ever reported while the word "white" (in relation to race) is used lately.

You sound as if you are going to start crying at any moment now. You have just as much of a victim complex as most of this country.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Not even a piece of cardboard burned at my employer. Furthermore, I've never seen/heard of damage to property at my ex employer. Both these places are majority Numsa members. The damage to property is a recent phenomenon that doesn't happen often in the private sector.
Good for you and your colleagues, but your little piece of ancedodal evidence is definitely the exception to the rule.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Good for you and your colleagues, but your little piece of ancedodal evidence is definitely the exception to the rule.

I was responding to your "black people" comment. It's an apt response for your generalisations.

Unfortunately I can't be part of strikes. Else, there'd be chaos.:)

Eniigma

Expert Member
How can you call apartheid policies bad and then start implementing your own apartheid policies and call them just? , its time to stop this nonsense of exclusion of any race on any grounds. If you are born in south Africa you are south African , does not matter what race you are , we should all be equal and have equal opportunities. Until that happens there will never be peace in this country.
There ftfy.

There is no such thing as "reverse apartheid" or "reverse racisim" There is either fuking racisim or not; apartheid or not. Stop spewing this crap of reverse this or reverse that.

Racism is the prejudice of one race over another... does not make one differnce what that race is. White, black, coloured, yellow, brown, aquamarine... all are capable of being racist. It's not reserved for one special colour.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So how is the strike and how long is it going to be? Any Solidariteit members here?

Last edited:

konfab

Honorary Master
Every single time black people organise a strike it is met with outrage, i've seen how people on this forum lose their minds whenever there is a strike.

If you really want to insist....
Db8acC6XcAAbWFT.jpg

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...mns-vandalism-of-hospital-by-workers-20180429

IMG_9803-LL-ZN.jpg
https://mobserver.co.za/33712/video-municipal-workers-strike/
Dbh2Zv3X0AUFSll.jpg
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...-vehicle-loot-shops-in-northern-cape-20180425

Unlike you however, I won't make the racist generalisation that people here are complaining about the strike because they are black. People here complain about the strike because of the behaviour of the people involved in the strike. You are the one attaching race to it.

And unlike you, I will say exactly the same thing to these striking workers as I have said to other striking workers. They can go on strike, but if their employer wants to fire them for doing so, they should be free to.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Db8acC6XcAAbWFT.jpg

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...mns-vandalism-of-hospital-by-workers-20180429

IMG_9803-LL-ZN.jpg
https://mobserver.co.za/33712/video-municipal-workers-strike/
Dbh2Zv3X0AUFSll.jpg
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...-vehicle-loot-shops-in-northern-cape-20180425

Unlike you however, I won't make the racist generalisation that people here are complaining about the strike because they are black. People here complain about the strike because of the behaviour of the people involved in the strike. You are the one attaching race to it.

And unlike you, I will say exactly the same thing to these striking workers as I have said to other striking workers. They can go on strike, but if their employer wants to fire them for doing so, they should be free to.
Oh dear, ok then. I thought i've addressed the point of my post a few posts back already, did you perhaps see the post I was replying to?

Cray

Honorary Master

Agree with Konfab on this one, most people couldn't care less about people striking, by all means go for it (although the wisdom of a one month strike for 3% extra pay is very dubious).

Demonstrations (fees must fall etc.) and striking is all good - just don't destroy stuff in a country with limited and scarce resources. There isn't enough to go around at the moment and destroying existing infrastructure makes everyone worse off...

Emjay

Honorary Master
Identity politics are divisive and drive tribalism. All races in SA are going to become more and more polarized until we relearn the benefits of individual autonomy. The opposite is very strong in certain racial groups at the moment, and is driving radical behavior (Malema and co). This issue is not unique to South Africa - it's just how politics seem to be playing out across the globe due to globalization and ease of access to information.

Garson007

Honorary Master
Identity politics are divisive and drive tribalism. All races in SA are going to become more and more polarized until we relearn the benefits of individual autonomy. The opposite is very strong in certain racial groups at the moment, and is driving radical behavior (Malema and co). This issue is not unique to South Africa - it's just how politics seem to be playing out across the globe due to globalization and ease of access to information.
Identity politics exists because of the lack of God. :whistling:

When there is one Creator things become a lot more simple.

diesel

Expert Member
There ftfy.

There is no such thing as "reverse apartheid" or "reverse racisim" There is either fuking racisim or not; apartheid or not. Stop spewing this crap of reverse this or reverse that.

Racism is the prejudice of one race over another... does not make one differnce what that race is. White, black, coloured, yellow, brown, aquamarine... all are capable of being racist. It's not reserved for one special colour.

Not sure what you on about , can sort of agree that yes there is no reverse racism , racism is racism but when it comes to apartheid and being reverse apartheid...

When whites made their apartheid policies they made them with the intention to exclude blacks , we called that apartheid.

Now blacks have made their policies with the intention to exclude whites.

The idea is to reverse the injustices of the past and by doing so they are creating new injustices , Hence the term reverse apartheid , because all they have done is reverse the effects of apartheid.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
BOOM! A few plants shutting down and explosions due to shortcuts later and all the savings dissappear in the mist. Just like silos colapsing and bridges falling due to lack of procedural maintainance and faulty engineering. Not to forget ordering of icorrect trains costing us billions.

What do trains and bridges have to do with the situation at Sasol? What would cause the explosions?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Not sure what you on about , can sort of agree that yes there is no reverse racism , racism is racism but when it comes to apartheid and being reverse apartheid...

When whites made their apartheid policies they made them with the intention to exclude blacks , we called that apartheid.

Now blacks have made their policies with the intention to exclude whites.

The idea is to reverse the injustices of the past and by doing so they are creating new injustices , Hence the term reverse apartheid , because all they have done is reverse the effects of apartheid.

Policies were not made by blacks. They were made by politicians of ALL races.