Who do you recommend (again)?

Merlin

Expert Member
Hi all,

I put a lot of faith into the advice given on ZA connectivity issues given by this forum...

As a result, we swiched from WebAfrica last year, to Axxess.

Essentially the move was based on growing negative publicity, and stagnating pricing.

Despite having numerous email issues with Axxess, we were relatively happy with them.

Last month we killed our 3 Gb cap with about 3 days to go to month-end.

We phoned them and purchased a "top up" for our account.

We were surprised when this month our cap died again with 3 days to go, as we knew we had a good few hundred Mb left from our "top up".

With WebAfrica, any extra Gbs purchased automatically rolled over (something we had to phone Axxess to discover), and the whole process was also a lot simpler. We simply logged into the simple control panel and purchased extra bandwidth automatically.

So, situation is this...

The account is for my Dad. It needs to be simple.

We are looking for an easy-to-read control panel, with a simple 'top up' facility, AND ROLL-OVER!

Who do you recommend?

Thanks.

stevenv

Expert Member
Only way you're gonna get rollover is on a prepaid account in which case you'll be paying a premium per GB price for that benefit. Alternatively go with Afrihost for R29 per GB, you can pick a bundle of whichever size you need and then topup at the same price if you run out.

Merlin

Expert Member
Hey Steven,

We do work with prepaid. Always have.

With WA we could add extra GBs through the control panel, and of the extra, what wasn't used rolled over.

I'll take a look at AH, thanks.

Wag

Expert Member
Hey Steven,

We do work with prepaid. Always have.

With WA we could add extra GBs through the control panel, and of the extra, what wasn't used rolled over.

I'll take a look at AH, thanks.

Again Afrihost.

Wag

Expert Member
My advice with Afrihost is, buy 2,4 or 5gig @ R29 a gig, and wait for their R14.50 specal and properly fark up your social life.

guest2013-1

I'd say Afrihost, even though they don't have rollover, you'll pay less for 5gb account and could probably survive the entire month on it

Strobemeister

Expert Member
As above, look no further than Afrihost. Their topup system is so simple, and they've had the half-price deal so often.

Merlin

Expert Member
Thanks.

It's more than likely that we'll be changed come month-end. :)

Just looking into what's needed wrt to domains (to avoid changing addresses constantly), and month-to-month contracts...

Fulton17

Expert Member
I have appreciated the significant cost savings that Afrihost gave me and I also buy the special from time to time to top up. I think value for money and an all round deal they are hard to beat. They are not perfect but the savings for me have been worth any negatives (hardly any) I have had and I do think they continue to up their game