Who has a Chery Tiggo 4 Pro?

upup

Executive Member
How is the fuel consumption. They say after the 5k service the consumption drop

upup

Executive Member
Spoke to a school headmaster , he got a Chery 4 pro auto, but not the turbo one. He is very happy with it. Petrol is 13km/l in town and 18 on a long trip. He also enjoy the start and cool the car feature a lot.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Spoke to a school headmaster , he got a Chery 4 pro auto, but not the turbo one. He is very happy with it. Petrol is 13km/l in town and 18 on a long trip. He also enjoy the start and cool the car feature a lot.
7.69L/100km in town
5.55L/100km long trip

Also, what start and cool feature?

epah

Executive Member
7.69L/100km in town
5.55L/100km long trip

Also, what start and cool feature?
I think you can start the car with the key fob and get the AC running before you hop in.

upup

Executive Member
Wow, didn't know it had that. Another plus for the Tiggo.
yes, you press something on the remote for 5 seconds then the car starts and change temp but doors still lock. Still trying to figure if it got adaptive cruise on the 4.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
yes, you press something on the remote for 5 seconds then the car starts and change temp but doors still lock. Still trying to figure if it got adaptive cruise on the 4.
It doesn't have the adaptive cc.

upup

Executive Member
So my wife must choose between the nissan magnite and a chery, [with or without turbo]

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So my wife must choose between the nissan magnite and a chery, [with or without turbo]
The Magnite will probably be better with fuel consumption, it's body is light because it is Indian made, and we know how all cars from there are body wise, the entry level also has a better spec than the Tiggo.

It is a cheaply made car that was designed for third world countries like us though, even though Nissan has put in some effort to try hide this. Are you not the guy who was looking for an SUV that's good for gravel roads some time ago? If your wife is going to drive on the same roads then the Magnite is not going to cope.

The Chery is fine but I have always felt it is slightly expensive for the entry level NA models, it's not offering much there and as a new entrant, Chinese car I was expecting a little bit more to set it apart.

RudderVator

Expert Member
How is the fuel consumption. They say after the 5k service the consumption drop
That's what everyone says. Experienced that with my Subaru, dropping from 9.5l/100km to 7.5l/100km.

Reading the owner's posts on Haval's especially they at 12L/100km 35 000km down the line:ROFL:

Tkburn1439

Just get a 320d if you want a bulletproof car with sensible fuel consumption
Almost bulletproof............... ive had timing chain failures on 2 , luckily non catastrophic BUT damn expensive to replace the chain and tensioners. Circa R27k , after that though you will get another 200 000km of 'Bullet Proof' motoring. all models with the N47 engine between 2009-2015 are affected. https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and...roblem-comes-back-to-haunt-carmaker-1.2869493

epah

Executive Member

adrcl

Not too sure how I feel about that. I have not heard of the issue before