Who have stopped smoking??? Did you also get totally emotional??

adelp

Expert Member
This is crazy I'm totally without reason emotional. What to cry about the Whiskers add....the kittens are so cute.:eek:
It's freaking me out...I was wondering if i should start taking anti depressants again....

I understand the monster. That’s normal but this crying.... I’m not the crying type i can’t remember when the last time was that i did cry and last night the water works opened.

Is this normal?

Natasha H

Expert Member
I didn't get emotional, but did feel really depressed and lost...

I stopped for 11 months before, and started again in April.. Now I have stopped again for 3 weeks..

Using Zyban though which apparently has an anti depressant in it...

adelp

Expert Member
Me to but i'm so down it sucks... specialy since i have nothing to torture myself about....

Natasha H

Expert Member
What I do is start focusing on health.. So, almost like throwing my thoughts into another direction..

Drinking water, go running after work, get a face cleansing routine etc.. Keeps you busy and preoccupied..

The being down part is the worst.. Almost feels like someone has died, when in fact it is just your addiction..

I have this PDF file/book that is excellent (not even a meg) Let me know if I should email it to you..

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I stopped but fortunately through the marvels of modern chemistry (Zyban) kept my sanity. :)

Good luck - it gets easier . . . eventually :eek:
I didn't get emotional, but did feel really depressed and lost...

I stopped for 11 months before, and started again in April.. Now I have stopped again for 3 weeks..

Using Zyban though which apparently has an anti depressant in it...
Zyban is an antidepressant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bupropion

adelp

Expert Member
What I do is start focusing on health.. So, almost like throwing my thoughts into another direction..

Drinking water, go running after work, get a face cleansing routine etc.. Keeps you busy and preoccupied..

The being down part is the worst.. Almost feels like someone has died, when in fact it is just your addiction..

I have this PDF file/book that is excellent (not even a meg) Let me know if I should email it to you..
Oh please...

I drink water and joined the gym.... but thanx, the face stuff sounds good trying to repair all the damage i have done.

eaglebeaver

It is normal for some people to be depressed or emotional.
This will go away on its own usually by becoming less frequent and less severe.
Thats why being patient is the best thing. Your craving WILL GO AWAY and your feelings WILL IMPROVE. Be patient.

also
Zyban helps some smokers (less than 50 percent after 1 year) mainly by its extra dopamine action - helps addiction. Zyban may help if your seretonin is low (by decreasing the rate it is broken down) . This will have an effect on mood ect. and is the cornerstone of most antidepressants.

Natasha H

Expert Member
Oh please...

I drink water and joined the gym.... but thanx, the face stuff sounds good trying to repair all the damage i have done.
That is good.. It all helps.. They say smoking is the most ageing thing for our skin :(

I have smoked a pack a day for 13 yrs and I am only 27!

adelp

Expert Member
I was a light smoker (only when someone offered )only started when i was 22, four years ago my relationship of 6 ears ended and at one stage i smoked 2 packets a day,( I did that for 3 years.)
And like my mother said if you want to smoke do it properly (she is a non smoker) i smoked filters.
New hubby got me down to mild and a half a pack a day. And my big 30 is in two days and i always said i'll stop when i turn 30. That and i really wanted to. My lungs are finished. And i'm aging rapidly. two years ago people thought i was 22 now they get the age right!!! I liked looking younger.:D

Natasha H

Expert Member
That was one of my biggest motivational factors.. My mom jokes with me and says soon you will look older than me :eek:

adelp

Expert Member
That was one of my biggest motivational factors.. My mom jokes with me and says soon you will look older than me :eek:
I look at my sister and want to die!! We go out and people recognise me they ask me if she is my mother:eek:
My mother never smoked and when i was about 17 people thought she was my sister!!
But i know i'm horrible but if i go my sisters way i'm doing plastic surgery.
She have been smoking for round about 17 years!!! She is 33 and still going!

Natasha H

Expert Member
My mom also looks really good for age and has also never smoked.. I looked at photos of me last year this time and am shocked at how much older I look within only 1 yr...

Anyways, at least we are taking steps now.. :D There is hope yet :D

FaNIX

Expert Member
My boyfriend was the reason I stopped smoking. He refused to kiss me when I had a smoke, so I quit. Now each time I get cravings, I just lean over and kiss him and it's all better :)

Natasha H

Expert Member
FaNIX, the first time I stopped smoking was for my boyfriend.. Not long after that he asked me to marry him, and 2 days before the wedding I started again :eek: Terrible hey :D

adelp

Expert Member
LOL!! when your Birthday?
Well they say the avarage smoker quits about 5 times then they get it right.

Natasha H

Expert Member
11 dec '80 :confused:

I am not having a good "quit day".. If only it was possible to have one a week :(

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
stopping smoking feels like such a dumb thing to do, according to your mind anyway :D Only advice I can give is to be strong willed and it will get easier (going on 6 years for me now). Good luck :D

psst

1 year, 10 months, 5 days
i was a monster! for me it only got better after bout 7 months!
Good luck - it helps to have a sip of water everytime you have a craving.
All the best!