Who have you or a loved one lost to COVID-19?

doodlesZHS

A customer of mine and the first person to die of covid in our small town passed on Wednesday. Thirty year old, No Comorbidities, left a small 2 year old behind....

As stated on another thread, I can list thirteen people that I know that have all passed in the last thirty days, including one of my best mates at 57. Now I do not know if the all c19 cases, but never have I known so many people to go in such a short space.

Our local Dominee was on a cruise to Italy with his missus when all this started, got locked down in Italy, never made it home, died.

A man I knew, went in for a standard knee op, never came out....

Depressing time and like the Rocket-Boy, I too am getting fed up with people saying " It's not that bad, The Gov's are overreacting, Life must go on, It's 5G and the Illuminati, Bill Gates is taking over the world....."

Fukkit! It's a declared Pandemic........
It is incredibly frustrating to still hear people sprouting nonsense like 'oh it's just like the flu,'aids and tb kills more people" ,I just want to klap them, people are dropping like flies now and you still have the conspiracy nutters making life difficult for us all...

chrisc

Executive Member
Two

Friend I had known since 1979 and saw regularly. In hospital on 8th, died on 26th Dec. Was a bit frail. Was also a mask denier and refused to wear one

Son of a neighbour, 27. Had covid but mild symptoms. Then on 24th Dec he suddenly could not breathe. Off to hospital on 25th and was intubated. However, he suffered massive organ failure and died on 31st Dec. Apparently when he arrived in hospital his blood-oxygen count was 30% lower than the minimum recommended

MissGrey

Personally know three people that have passed away over the past 4 days. Of my direct family currently with me, 4 has tested positive just last week and currently two more of us have tested positive in the past three days.
One things is for sure, people who don't take Covid seriously and think it's just a little serious flue, is making a big mistake. We have two diabetics, one positive , and they are battling big time. Even for us who are "healthy", it is a struggle.
Condolences to those who have lost anyone near or dear to them. And best wishes for those on the recovery path.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Local GP that lives a km away from me succumbed in Westville hospital a few minutes ago. Jolly chap around 62 or so....I still remember him giving me a lolipop as a lad after he gave me injections. :(

Suspect99

Executive Member
I had 3 grandparents, 5 uncle and aunts and a couple of cousins contract it in the first wave. All survived thankfully.
Now with the second have a uncle on a ventilator for 2 weeks now, and my second cousins 5 year old hospitilised yesterday. A number of other relations also infected

ld13

Honorary Master
Luckily no deaths as of yet. Know of a few people that know people that died. But all of that might change soon.

Fukkit! It's a declared Pandemic........

Wife had to go to a GP a few months back. Doctor and staff did not wear any masks. Doctor was going on about how the Germans are busy with a class action lawsuit and that the outbreak should have never been declared a pandemic blah blah blah...

I so want to blow the whistle on the doctor in question.

Nemus

Expert Member
Personally know three people that have passed away over the past 4 days. Of my direct family currently with me, 4 has tested positive just last week and currently two more of us have tested positive in the past three days.
One things is for sure, people who don't take Covid seriously and think it's just a little serious flue, is making a big mistake. We have two diabetics, one positive , and they are battling big time. Even for us who are "healthy", it is a struggle.
Condolences to those who have lost anyone near or dear to them. And best wishes for those on the recovery path.

Sorry to hear that @MissGrey. I hope all come out strong at the end of this!

chrisc

Executive Member
We got a fright when we heard that our 27 year old neighbour died. He was in good physical shape did not smoke yet his lungs were compromised

He was sitting at the dining room table, when all of a sudden he started to wheeze and gasp and his lips turned blue. He was in hospital within an hour when it was discovered that his blood-oxygen level was dangerously low

He had been COVID positive for a week

ld13

Honorary Master
Thank you for the clean-up, mods.
An ex of mine from 12 years ago lost both her parents to Covid19 about 2 weeks ago in the same week. :( They were very old and both had comorbidities
Have not heard of instances of families being taken out by the flu, but have heard a few cases now where Mom, Pop etc died due to covid. It is the sad reality we live in. The probability that you will infect your family members are quite high, unless you take a extraordinary measures.

Grant

Honorary Master
Two

Friend I had known since 1979 and saw regularly. In hospital on 8th, died on 26th Dec. Was a bit frail. Was also a mask denier and refused to wear one
I'm afraid I have fukkall sympathy for people like that - quite frankly I wish more mask and covid deniers would go the same way instead of those to try put in effort to protect themselves and others.
I can't help but wonder if your friend's mask denier buddies who have been in proximity of him are quietly concerned now.

Vuilhaas

I'm so sorry to all those that have lost loved ones.

Thank God we haven't lost any direct family or friends. I know several work colleagues who have lost family though.

Please people. Please stop being in denial about the seriousness of this situation

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Heard today that an ex colleague, that sat across from me until about a year and 4 months ago, passed away from Covid

KOPITE

Executive Member
My family are isolating at home, we all got symptoms on Monday, short breath, fever, headache, sore body sour taste in mouth and mostly tired, sometimes no appetite.

My wife has Asthma and struggles with random shortness of breath. Kids have a slight cough and headache, but they still fine. 1st day was the worst for me, felt I was dying and if I’ve been run over by a car. So we in day 6 now since our symptoms showed.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I'm so sorry to all those that have lost loved ones.

Thank God we haven't lost any direct family or friends. I know several work colleagues who have lost family though.

Please people. Please stop being in denial about the seriousness of this situation
I think there are actually worse having experienced the attitude from people I know who have had it.

Those who had mild cases, recovered and go around saying its not a big thing and you going to catch it anyway so just get it done. :mad:

ld13

Honorary Master
I think there are actually worse having experienced the attitude from people I know who have had it.

Those who had mild cases, recovered and go around saying its not a big thing and you going to catch it anyway so just get it done. :mad:

Yep, they are working on a sample size of 1 o_O

Seems Legit

Nemus

Expert Member
Fortunately we have not lost any direct family members or close friends.
However, friends of ours lost 2 sibling and 2 parents so far.
Another family member lost an uncle and a cousin. Then in our area there have been 4 or 5 neighbors who succumbed so far, with many infected currently.