• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Who here owns a Huawei P20 Pro?

i have been searching around for a new phone, basically looking for something that will still be good with its tech in the next two years( how long the contract will be.)

i would just like to know the Cons and pros?

and also what you like most about it?

cozinsky

Expert Member
i have been searching around for a new phone, basically looking for something that will still be good with its tech in the next two years( how long the contract will be.)

i would just like to know the Cons and pros?

and also what you like most about it?
You should really learn to Google. Type "Huawei P20 Pro reviews" in the Google search bar.

You should really learn to Google. Type "Huawei P20 Pro reviews" in the Google search bar.
reading a review from some large company to someone actually owning the phone is completely different. i have been doing research on every tech companies write up, but i would like to know from a normal Joe on whats his experience. thanks for a really not needed reply.

Last edited:

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Have had mine for a week now, really happy with it.
What is it you are looking from the phone?
Do you like playing games, take lots of photo's, etc.?

Have had mine for a week now, really happy with it.
What is it you are looking from the phone?
Do you like playing games, take lots of photo's, etc.?
mostly pictures, how is the slow motion? and on average how long does one charge last you?

Sugarman

Making Sugar
mostly pictures, how is the slow motion? and on average how long does one charge last you?
Camera is brilliant with low light and normal shooting.
The slow motion is also very good.

it has a big battery, 4000 mAh with a fast charge. If you manage system and apps you would get at least 2 days out of a charge.

namzsteve

Expert Member
My missus got her upgrade yesterday, she went for the P20 pro, the blue one.

I kind want the phone now. The camera is a beast. Not to talk about the battery.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
it has 128gig internal memory and no headphone jack.
No memory card slot.
If you get one go for the purple one

Slamz

go for it... my mrs has got one also... its a brilliant phone, battery life is unbelievable, last about 2 days, camera is stunning, speed of the fone is great... all round great fone... she definitely likes it more than her iphone

Syphonx

Expert Member
Pro's:
Great Battery life
Nice Screen
Amazing Camera
Superfast charging
You can hide the notch
Android Oreo 8.1
Very accurate fingerprint reader

Cons:
No headphone port (they do give a dongle)
UI reminds me of Touchwizz from the S4 era
Huawei is removing the option to unlock the bootloader soon.
Charger uses proprietary standard

Syphonx

Expert Member
Huh? What do you mean by this?
It uses Huawei SuperCharge, so you need to buy SuperCharge chargers for your car to fully utilise it (or if you want extra chargers at home). I think even the charging cable has special additional pins

Last edited:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
It uses Huawei SuperCharge, so you need to buy SuperCharge chargers for your car to fully utilise it (or if you want extra chargers at home). I think even the charging has special additional pins
Not in our case, I told my mom to use her old Samsung S5 brick to charge the [P20 pro] phone and it works just fine, its not super charging but works.

Using the words proprietary standard is contradictory.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Yeah it works, but doesn't charge at the fastest rate.
Q3: My smartphone came with a Quick Charge certified wall charger in the box. Can I also use an adapter from another manufacturer to charge?

Look for the Qualcomm Quick Charge logo. Only accessories that pass UL certification can use the Quick Charge logo, since they've been tested for compatibility and interoperability. Any Quick Charge certified adapter can rapidly charge any device that has Quick Charge enabled.