Who is currently offering the best 2Mb/s uncapped deal ?

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Hi guys

Asking for a friend who wants to get internet for the first time. Primarily looking for an uncapped account because the connection will be used by 6-8 devices in the household, one of which is a Explora. The uncapped accounts that are shaped during the day and allow the "full" downloading after 12am should be fine.

Just looking for the best quality service with the LEAST customer service/billing problems and throttling/shaping issues, as the intended customers are not too clued up on ADSL and would not understand all the jargon and limits. And yes, if I knew their usage, I'd suggest a flat capped product and avoid the trouble, but the Explora poses a problem, as I have no idea how much data that can chow.

TL;DR: Who is currently offering the least hassle 2Mb/s uncapped deal/service ? Is it still Vox/Axxess ?

Thanks.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi guys

Asking for a friend who wants to get internet for the first time. Primarily looking for an uncapped account because the connection will be used by 6-8 devices in the household, one of which is a Explora. The uncapped accounts that are shaped during the day and allow the "full" downloading after 12am should be fine.

Just looking for the best quality service with the LEAST customer service/billing problems and throttling/shaping issues, as the intended customers are not too clued up on ADSL and would not understand all the jargon and limits. And yes, if I knew their usage, I'd suggest a flat capped product and avoid the trouble, but the Explora poses a problem, as I have no idea how much data that can chow.

TL;DR: Who is currently offering the least hassle 2Mb/s uncapped deal/service ? Is it still Vox/Axxess ?

Thanks.

Telkom by far is the best for him now.

Once he gets used to uncapped we can talk again.

First call 10210 and get it sorted there.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I'd still get a capped account
-R189 for a axxess 100gig capped account with unlimited downloads from 12pm-6am
-R199 for a Afrihost 100gig capped account with unlimited downloads from 12pm-6am

On a 2mb/s line you not gonna be watching HD quality on the explora (more like 360p) which is around 400hours or 16days of watching, so I really doubt they will hit 100gigs.

If they do hit the 100 gigs it will prob only be for the first month as all their devices upgrade software but then they can always topup.

Value for money these are the best options in my opinion and you save R30-R40 from the R229 Telkom uncapped.