isie

Honorary Master
Fsck him!

[video=youtube;mYnWtPytvhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYnWtPytvhI[/video]

Yup exactly
Yeesh you guys need to get over it

Folk icon Yusuf Islam has revisited controversial remarks he made about the Islamic fatwa placed on author Salman Rushdie over two decades ago in a new Rolling Stone interview, insisting he was never a supporter of the death threat.
He says, "People need to get over it... I've got grey hair now. Come on. I was fool enough to try and be honest and tell people my position. As far as I'm concerned, this shouldn't be the subject of my life."

But the singer/songwriter adds, "I'm a firm believer of the law. I was never a supporter of the fatwa, but people don't want to hear that because they keep saying that I believe in the law of blasphemy. All I'm saying is, how can you deny the Third Commandment? It's an Islamic principle that you must follow the law of the land where you reside."

Source

ponder

Honorary Master
Yeesh you guys need to get over it

But the singer/songwriter adds, "I'm a firm believer of the law. I was never a supporter of the fatwa, but people don't want to hear that because they keep saying that I believe in the law of blasphemy. All I'm saying is, how can you deny the Third Commandment? It's an Islamic principle that you must follow the law of the land where you reside."

Does not seem like his position changed at all.

daveza

Honorary Master
I'll go to a live concert if I can get more than what I get on CD , in this case I can't see that happening.

isie

Honorary Master
:confused:
Oh you mean Yusuf? ;)
No You

all fights aside - the dude hasn't been public on his opinions in years flip this whole crap what he said about Rushdie has been done and over with only Rushdie's crew and I think Yusuf just waits for the question in every interview.
If i didn't listen to music based on what i think of the artist I wouldn't listen to anything much.
any way the costs of this concert is a bit crazy high - buy guess if he got fan base it will be sold out (Damn hippies)

marine1

Honorary Master
No You

all fights aside - the dude hasn't been public on his opinions in years flip this whole crap what he said about Rushdie has been done and over with only Rushdie's crew and I think Yusuf just waits for the question in every interview.
If i didn't listen to music based on what i think of the artist I wouldn't listen to anything much.
any way the costs of this concert is a bit crazy high - buy guess if he got fan base it will be sold out (Damn hippies)

Well its sort of like BDS, they boycott anything Israeli / Jewish.
I boycott anything terrorism related or supported by terrorists. (Except oil, have no choice :D)

isie

Honorary Master
Well its sort of like BDS, they boycott anything Israeli / Jewish.
I boycott anything terrorism related or supported by terrorists. (Except oil, have no choice :D)
you do , you just too lazy to walk :p