Who is TeleTech?

RedViking

Nord of the South
I got a call from this number, 0128650090 / +2712 865 0092, says she phones regarding my Absa Credit card and that my card Protection is not activated. I clearly stated to Absa I do not want 3rd parties to phone me. As always, I told them I will go to Absa if I want to change anything.

With all the scams out there, why do banks still use 3rd parties to contact their clients? What does a 3rd party have to do with my Absa Credit card? :mad:

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Truecaller is your friend and so is the blacklist option on most Android phones these days

RedViking

Nord of the South
Or just do the Africanacity thing and move away from Absa.
But I honestly don't understand why Banks (Absa is not the only ones) still use telemarketers. This is a security risk as anyone can claim they are phoning on behalf of (bank).

Sugarman

Making Sugar
But I honestly don't understand why Banks (Absa is not the only ones) still use telemarketers. This is a security risk as anyone can claim they are phoning on behalf of (bank).
True, but that is why apps like Truecaller and blacklist exists

RedViking

Nord of the South
True, but that is why apps like Truecaller and blacklist exists
Yes and no. Those apps make their money from your data. Scammers target the majority who don't make use of these apps. I just think it is stupid for banks to still use 3rd parties, specially telemarketers.

tcofran

Expert Member
They are around the corner form my house (and my second house - The Dros) in Waterkloof Ridge
:unsure:

Teletech.JPG

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I think it's the only way how they can sell their zillion products. FNB used to spam me about their wills and unit trusts until one day when I had enough and moved over to Capitec bank. It then stopped.