Who is the best website hosting company in South Africa?

Hetzner! Their Support and knowledge is really great! Forget MWEB Business/Ignite whatever they call themselves these days

hilton

Expert Member
For starters you DON'T want to use Web Africa. They really don't have a clue outside the bog standard cpanel/helm with 73 million free POP3 accounts.

Taqyon

Left Hetzner because they don't have a cloud option. Now I'm with WebAfrica & AfriHost, which offers best value. Hands down the worst is MWeb (zero service, lost hundreds of user's data including ours, dependant on IS).

Enigma_

Left Hetzner because they don't have a cloud option. Now I'm with WebAfrica & AfriHost, which offers best value. Hands down the worst is MWeb (zero service, lost hundreds of user's data including ours, dependant on IS).
AFAIK, Web Africa don't have cloud services. As for Afrihost they have quite a reliable VPS setup.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Host4Africa :love:

Definitely not MWEB, and the silly priced Hetzer charged me back on 2002 meant they lost me for life.

eviljim

I would say WebAfrica, largely because I have always, ALWAYS received excellent customer service from them. Service is the most important factor when I make any decisions about any service provider

W377!M

I had lots of issues with Afrihost, which they could not solve.
Moved to WebAfrica. Not 1s downtime in 5years.