Who is the best website hosting company in South Africa?

hilton

Expert Member
No they are not.
Ok well I use Hetzner for almost all my clients and almost never have an issue. I once had to move a website to Afrihost because Web Africa screwed up the hosting so badly that they couldn't fix it. This was Windows .asp based so I don't know what Afrihost is like for Linux bases hosting.

Thor

Honorary Master
I use these guys for all my domain hosting but I wasn't aware they hosted websites.

Could it be that we're talking cross purposes?
Not sure what you mean?

VPS = Check
Shared Hosting = Check

hilton

Expert Member
I see now. I never go to their main page, only to my reseller login so I wasn't even aware they offered website hosting ;-)

Yes so use these guys.

brentm

Ok well I use Hetzner for almost all my clients and almost never have an issue. I once had to move a website to Afrihost because Web Africa screwed up the hosting so badly that they couldn't fix it. This was Windows .asp based so I don't know what Afrihost is like for Linux bases hosting.
This interests me, I heard from a friend Afrihost were piss kak at Windows, but great at Linux.

Guess these things vary.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
This interests me, I heard from a friend Afrihost were piss kak at Windows, but great at Linux.

Guess these things vary.
Afrifail are crap at everything I was burned many times with hosting by them, eventually just left.

vancity33

Haven't used Hetzner, but I shot them an email once and they responded quickly! I am with Elitehost and no problems so far!

Genisys

Executive Member
vps.co.za hands down, they are quick to respond to tickets and their services run flawlessly