Who loves Doritos?

vespax

Expert Member
A cargo container that apparently fell from a ship washed up on the Outer Banks of North Carolina on Thursday and spilled thousands of bags of Doritos brand tortilla chips on the beach. People collected the chips, which were apparently still fresh due to their airtight packaging. It was unknown which ship had lost the cargo or to what port it was bound.

Pics of the goodness. :D

I love Doritos. They are my favorite type of chips to munch on. The chili pepper flavour is especially nice. ;)

Obviously the underlying story here is how much junk gets dumped in the oceans by cargo ships as the sail around oblivious to the enviro damage they cause.

Other fun story's to read:

Nike and Rubber Duckies

Spagetti Harvest

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
Yeah

Nice way to eat them: Cook some mince, cover the bottom of your plate with Doritos, crush them, put mince on top, put salad bits and sour cream / cottage cheese, salsa or whatever else you like (sweet chilli sauce?)...
*NICE*
This is actually one of my fav meals - and very healthy.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Nice way to eat them: Cook some mince, cover the bottom of your plate with Doritos, crush them, put mince on top, put salad bits and sour cream / cottage cheese, salsa or whatever else you like (sweet chilli sauce?)...
*NICE*
This is actually one of my fav meals - and very healthy.
As a variant - nachos - spicy mince on top of whole tortilla chips with cheese on top - preferably Monterey Jack if you can get it here - lightly grilled until the cheese has melted. Some chili here and there to spice things up if that's you taste :D Sour cream works nicely as does guacamole.

vespax

Expert Member
The Doritos brand tortilla chips are the best I have found here in SA. Banditos are just slightly gross to me.

Although I really wish there were more options than Old El Paso for mexican style food. Or I could make it from scratch, but that is extra time in the kitchen that I don't care to dedicate in my day. ;)