Who offers best 'Trade Assists' deals on vehicles or does it depend on your car....

ThabitEIERS

Hiya,

Hope all well. just asking as learning here :)

So for example VW offers 50k trade assist on a new gti (correct me if i am wrong) but dont offer nada on the 'R' premium hatchback.

Other dealers like bmw offer 'cashback' deals etc.

Who or what or where is best if you want to trade in and score somehow then take a nice new car / upgrade ....

:p

tRoN

Executive Member
Basically the dealership plays you with a money factor.
That trade assist means you will get no discount on the new vehicle and will get charged max for the “on the road” charges.

I prefer to get a good price on a private deal or sell to an unrelated dealer and can negotiate a maximum discount and reduced OTR fees.

ThabitEIERS

Hi . thanks. '''Basically the dealership plays you with a money factor.
That trade assist means you will get no discount on the new vehicle and will get charged max for the “on the road” charges. '''''

elaborate more ? example perhaps....

Yes i always go the GTree route to try and sell at a higher price first :) yes or go to a rival like i have vw so go to audi hahaha

i did the same with my VW Crafter when i went for a mercedes sprinter they completely over paid for the crafter due to a simple sales rep handling deal. ouch!

Sumen

Expert Member
What is trade assist and how does it work?
It's that thing Auto Pedigree advertises.
It's basically like a discount that they give you but instead of discounting the vehicle they offer you a cashback which you can take or use it as a deposit.

tRoN

Executive Member
Hi . thanks. '''Basically the dealership plays you with a money factor.
That trade assist means you will get no discount on the new vehicle and will get charged max for the “on the road” charges. '''''

elaborate more ? example perhaps....

Yes i always go the GTree route to try and sell at a higher price first :) yes or go to a rival like i have vw so go to audi hahaha

i did the same with my VW Crafter when i went for a mercedes sprinter they completely over paid for the crafter due to a simple sales rep handling deal. ouch!

Dealer has a certain amount of money to entice a deal.

Say 50k. Then they will offer you way below trade price for trade in and then say it will be 50k more.
Now the car you buying will be sold at full retail price plus on road costs of R5k.

Without trade in you can negotiate a 8-10% discount on retail price and get the on road costs to R1,5k

ThabitEIERS

Dealer has a certain amount of money to entice a deal.

Say 50k. Then they will offer you way below trade price for trade in and then say it will be 50k more.
Now the car you buying will be sold at full retail price plus on road costs of R5k.

Without trade in you can negotiate a 8-10% discount on retail price and get the on road costs to R1,5k

yip yip and thanks thanks :) this is a true story of life but best to gather all this info again that i might have forgotten and have my ducks in a row before going in for a new chalopie

FiestaST

Honorary Master
yip yip and thanks thanks :) this is a true story of life but best to gather all this info again that i might have forgotten and have my ducks in a row before going in for a new chalopie

*Cough* M2 Competition

*Cough* Stinger GT

/End

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm always of the opinion that when a dealer offers "trade assist" or whatever, that is the new "official" purchase price. Discount to be negotiated further from there.

djbrendan

Expert Member
It's that thing Auto Pedigree advertises.
It's basically like a discount that they give you but instead of discounting the vehicle they offer you a cashback which you can take or use it as a deposit.
Playing necromancer on this post

You say that, but the branch i went to says no, the " cash back" is apparently already applied to the vehicles price.
Hearing this i told them that this is false advertising? He said he'll get back to me, he believes i don't understand the deal. I told him to then explain the deal assistance to me. Telling me that if i use the R30 000 to settle my car with the bank, they then add the R 30k back on the vehicle i wanted to buy.

So what he tells me is, for R300 000 you can have this car WITH R30k assistance ( which is already deducted from the vehichles price) This is maybe just me, but i think either the branch i went to is bullshitting people or they simply don't understand the deal assistance.

Anyone that maybe did a deal with them lately? Please let us know how their deals work. I'd like to go have a fight with them tomorrow

djbrendan

Expert Member
Phoned the call center today.
The vehicles on their websites are already price reduced with the deal assistance you see.