Who would be interested in buying retail Windows XP pro?

Threepwood

Found a contact overseas that can send them over.

They would be Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I'm not 100% if they are 32-bit or 64-bit yet, or if I can source both, I'll find out soon.

I'm sure I can re sell them for a reasonable amount, but I want to see what people on this forum think before I go buy a whole lot.

I was hoping there might be some interest. I for one have been looking for a retail XP pro, and it seems you can't get them here anymore.

Opinions please.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
I know a few pirate's and demon's who can send me some too! :D

Threepwood

These are originals, I'm certain, if that's what you're getting at.

I'm not going off to order any right away, as I still have to verify this companies integrity (somehow :D). I would probably try get a sample before buying in bulk to make sure.

Rest assured, I do not expect anyone to pay for a pirate copy. I do not intend to import pirate copies.

flamtech

You better be pretty sure that it is original products otherwise you will be getting a visit from BSA, and those guys are mean! I have seen an “original” OEM Office CD imported from the USA. Shrink-wrapped, serial number, the works. Turns out to be a fake. It’s done so good that the man in the street can’t see the difference but the guys from M$ can see the difference!

Threepwood

You better be pretty sure that it is original products otherwise you will be getting a visit from BSA, and those guys are mean! I have seen an “original” OEM Office CD imported from the USA. Shrink-wrapped, serial number, the works. Turns out to be a fake. It’s done so good that the man in the street can’t see the difference but the guys from M$ can see the difference!

You have a point there. I haven't seen anything to suggest they may be pirated, but there's not a lot to go on.
The fact that it's retail box probably doesn't make it more diffucult to pirate, I'm sure.

I guess the only way to know for sure is try it with a single copy and see what I get.

I'll just make a promise to M$ and the BSA to destry it if it is pirate. Maybe I could tell them that I found it, and was on my way to hand it in to the police? :D

Anyone have ideas about how to ensure a foreign companies ruputeability? I did find them on an Internet trading kind of site, so I could at least report them there if it is pirate.

Threepwood

Seriously folks.

I'm totally serious about assertaining the authenticity of these OSs before trying to sell them on.

I think what I will do is contact M$ and see how easy it is for them to validate the authenticity of the product before I buy, then order one copy and take it along to M$ for them to inspect.

If it passes inspection I will then order a test batch for resale.

In the meantime though, assuming it would be a genuine article, contact me via PM and let me know if you're an interested buyer. That way I can get an idea of how many I should bring over, if it comes to that.

Nokkie

Executive Member
These are originals, I'm certain, if that's what you're getting at.

I'm not going off to order any right away, as I still have to verify this companies integrity (somehow :D). I would probably try get a sample before buying in bulk to make sure.

Rest assured, I do not expect anyone to pay for a pirate copy. I do not intend to import pirate copies.

I would order 3 samples or one copy just to make sure these are original..

u don't want to end up with alot of them; it will be a waist of money.