Whoa! CNA clearance sale, with Electronics & Gaming stock BELOW COST!

Lupus

Honorary Master
The original BT games store closed at Northgate, when walking passed them at other stores they seem to be pretty empty.
I'd have to swing by a CNA to see these "specials"

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
The original BT games store closed at Northgate, when walking passed them at other stores they seem to be pretty empty.
I'd have to swing by a CNA to see these "specials"
Don't get your hopes up. I was at Menlyn and left with nothing except for a few KrispyKreams. Last time I got resident evil 7 for a steal...

tehtorq

I think that dude doing the review is trolling the product.
When it comes to the sound example test the audio is silent on the video.
Pretty lame. Wasting people's time by a troll.
Are you trolling? If you watch the video he explains why there is no sound (Youtube copyright issues). There are other videos. No matter though.. I just think its a good deal for the price. I already own one prior to this sale.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Are you trolling? If you watch the video he explains why there is no sound (Youtube copyright issues). There are other videos. No matter though.. I just think its a good deal for the price. I already own one prior to this sale.
I'm not trolling. I didn't watch the rest of the video after the sound silence.
My mistake :)

Ninja'd

A Djinn
The Tivoo is marked 40% off, which (I think) makes it a steal at R240. It's a great little bluetooth speaker that can play loud AF. Some nice sprite mini-apps for it too.
You sure about the markdown price being R240?

Just checked to compare prices

R1499

R999

Markd

Some of these stores Musica, CNA, Btgames etc are paying for prime retail space in upmarket malls.

Makro/Game /CheckersHyper at least has other products to fall back on.

I don't see how some of these stores will survive in the future.
These stores are not going to survive long-term. You just have to look abroad to see slightly into the future.

HMV in the UK underwent alot of restructuring, closed most of its stores, laid off most of its staff, and sold their business to some group that run it as a much much smaller entity these days, and the store on Oxford Street was HUGE! Virgin themselves got out of the music-selling game and sold their stores off to some other group that essentially stuck their brand on it and went bust shortly afterwards. Gamestop in the US is trying its best to come up with some way of re-inventing itself and staying relevant - rewards programmes, gaming stations (like old internet caffes'....come on). They need to find that thing that will keep them alive, but unfortunately in this day and age that 'thing' wont exist at the scale they are used to thanks to the internet. Do you remember LooknListen?

The answer is for them is to have really moved online ages ago. Musica in particular really missed a beat there and now you'd never buy any of the stuff they sell from them because you can get it from takealot, and we all know takealot. Musica dont even have their own site - you can buy the product from the clicks site, which imo is nonsensival because I dont go to clicks to buy a Playstation. Kind of astounding really. I see Matrix now seem to be advertising DHL shipping services....might be an idea for them to become more of a wholesaler/middleman, target online sellers and change that business model. We'll see who makes it.

tehtorq

It is a little sad. I remember as a kid going to CNA weekly to collect the latest edition of 2000AD. The comics were the first to go, then the local tech magazines. Imported tech mags cost R200 each which is ridiculous.

I expect we'll see many more well-known stores fading away over the next decade.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Don't get your hopes up. I was at Menlyn and left with nothing except for a few KrispyKreams. Last time I got resident evil 7 for a steal...
Damn yeah and Menlyn and Mall of Africa is probably the 2 biggest CNA that had the biggest collections.

Broo

... and getting a NAG or PC Format to go with it. :)
I used to buy the PCFormat magazine because of the 'free' DVD that came with it. These were the DVD's that introduced me to Linux. Probably still have some in a draw somewhere. The magazine was cheaper than downloading the distro (then).

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I used to buy the PCFormat magazine because of the 'free' DVD that came with it. These were the DVD's that introduced me to Linux. Probably still have some in a draw somewhere. The magazine was cheaper than downloading the distro (then).
I mainly used it for the demo software and games. NAG also had a free disc with it.
I grew up with Windows. Started at 3.1. So I only got into Linux a few years ago.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Okay they have now increased the discounts!

75% off all gaming software. Newly released titles on xbox and ps4 going for R240..... :eek: