Who's the quickest to get me connected - existing OpenServe infrastructure

Anthro

Expert Member
ISP's what do you need to get me connected ASAP ?
Below an image of the ONT device's current state.

It cycles through what seems to be a self-test and then the Optical LED goes from RED to GREEN, and the LAN port(s) shut off (tried all 4)

1646740366534.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
ISP's what do you need to get me connected ASAP ?
Below an image of the ONT device's current state.

It cycles through what seems to be a self-test and then the Optical LED goes from RED to GREEN, and the LAN port(s) shut off (tried all 4)

View attachment 1261798
Your B number which is basically the circuit number. Other than that we would try look it up via the address I believe.

Anthro

Expert Member
Hello !
OK - so the device just has serial numbers, MAC address.
I will PM you the address - if possible you can check ?
Your B number which is basically the circuit number. Other than that we would try look it up via the address I believe.

Leno

Expert Member
Check on the wall fibre termination box also, sometimes the B number is on there

Anthro

Expert Member
@PBCool
Thank you Sir
#COOL-20220308-890924 - New Order Processing.
I will update this thread, alongside this one for the record on progress, turnaround and service delivery.
Chat soon.
Thank you to Aimee for the quick call by the way.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If none of the lan lights come on after trying to plug an ethernet cable into it it means the previous b numbers are all ceased.

A new provide order needs to be placed and an installation appointment needs to be scheduled.

HartsockZA

Expert Member
@Anthro FF, Openserve, MFN are fiber network operators, they don't sell to end consumers your argument is directed towards ISPs that aren't getting you connected. I think you don't have a B number assigned to your fiber ONT so you'll have to run a new installation, so a technician has to come out and report back to HQ what serial number is on the ONT and then provides you with a new number. Frogfoot has a 1-3 day turnaround time while openserve and metro have around a 1-2 week response time.

Once the techy has reported back that the B number has been reserved the ISP is notified and then the ISP moves to getting you connected which usually takes less than 24 hours. So if you still don't come right give me a shout and I'll be happy to assist you to get connected.

If you try reporting you need a B number this way around You>ISP>FNO your turnaround time is going to be away too long and it's the incorrect way in mho cause no one knows what the hell you're saying. so rather have them log it as a new install when the techy comes out from the FNO that supplies your area he will see that you have already a line and he will then fast track you for a B number placement, you can even ask him to provide you with the B number so you can also represent it to the chosen ISP to further speedup the reconnection of that fiber.

It honestly shouldn't be so complicated and it really isn't but sadly we all have gone through it and it does take time. Out of the lot, Openserve takes the longest unless you sign a contract with the devil and that's Telkom then the turnaround time is like 3 days tops.

Hope this helps

Anthro

Expert Member
Updating this to give some posivitive feedback towards @PBCool and his Team, and for a change OpenServe
It was less than 48 hours and I was up and running with a B-number, Test account from Cool Ideas
The process was seemless and they stayed in touch constantly.
Today, I received a call (sorry for missing it Paul) from Wian at Cool Ideas to follow up on how the service is.
I will tell all here what I told him.
(#COOL-20220421-917960) Courtesy Email
Hi Wian, thank you for getting in touch - I was on the road unfortunately so could not answer.
My interactions with Cool Ideas has only been excellent thus far, and the Internet connection just works !
If you check in with PBCool (I believe Paul runs the account) he will know that your Team really stepped up where RSAWeb failed my buddy and myself
Kind Regards
~Anthro
Side note:
Received a threatening eMail from RSAWeb asking for their equipment back or they will invoice me.
LOL, what equipment.