Why approve a contract if you don't have the stock (IT IS NOT FAIR ON CUSTOMERS!)

lulu(x)

:mad::mad:I took out two contracts for the Huawei P9 lite at the Adderley street Telkom branch. I ordered black and gold they said they were receiving stock this week. Now when I call to ask "around when this week?", they saY they did receive stock but only for the customers that had signed contracts before me and that they will not be getting any gold phones. They said I will have to wait for next week Monday or Tuesday to get two black P9s - I was promised ONE black and ONE gold.

They said I will have to cancel the contract that has already been approved and then apply at another store. that is so unfair because they were so nice when I went to the store before everything was signed and now that the contract has been approved they reveal the truth, that: 1) I will not be getting the colour I want and 2) the phones will not arrive when they said I should expect them.

I don't understand why it is sensible for me to migrate from MTN if it is so difficult getting a phone from Telkom. Please help, I really need those phones and if I have to go to another store I'd rather just go to another service provider. :crying::crying::crying::crying::confused::confused:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
This is why you find out about stock first.
Read it again.
:mad::mad:I took out two contracts for the Huawei P9 lite at the Adderley street Telkom branch. I ordered black and gold they said they were receiving stock this week. Now when I call to ask "around when this week?", they saY they did receive stock but only for the customers that had signed contracts before me and that they will not be getting any gold phones. They said I will have to wait for next week Monday or Tuesday to get two black P9s - I was promised ONE black and ONE gold.

They said I will have to cancel the contract that has already been approved and then apply at another store. that is so unfair because they were so nice when I went to the store before everything was signed and now that the contract has been approved they reveal the truth, that: 1) I will not be getting the colour I want and 2) the phones will not arrive when they said I should expect them.

I don't understand why it is sensible for me to migrate from MTN if it is so difficult getting a phone from Telkom. Please help, I really need those phones and if I have to go to another store I'd rather just go to another service provider. :crying::crying::crying::crying::confused::confused:

RichardG

Honorary Master
I was so gullible. I assumed since they were nice people at the time, I could trust that they would deliver on their promise...
Speak to the reprentativte on here they will make a plan for you

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
I was so gullible. I assumed since they were nice people at the time, I could trust that they would deliver on their promise...
Lesson 1 in life - Do not pre-sign, do not pre-pay if the item is not actually in store.

lulu(x)

After pestering the store EVERY SINGLE DAY, we finally got a call to notify us that they have our phones in store. Picked them up on Thursday. No gold, just two blacks. But after all the stress as a result of the uncertainty and ill communication, I was happy to just have a phone and not have to deal with the store EVER AGAIN. :)

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
After pestering the store EVERY SINGLE DAY, we finally got a call to notify us that they have our phones in store. Picked them up on Thursday. No gold, just two blacks. But after all the stress as a result of the uncertainty and ill communication, I was happy to just have a phone and not have to deal with the store EVER AGAIN. :)
Glad you got your phones albeit it wasnt what you wanted.

This is what gets me about so many shops, they offer these promotions/deals, but are more often than not A) "sold out" , B) "awaiting stock" and C) cannot tell a person when they are getting new/replacement stock.

That just smacks of uselessness, bad business, bad service, bad management, bad organisation, and convenient excuses, none of which encourages me to spend any money in their store.

Lupus

Honorary Master
This sounds like typical Telkom behaviour, I wanted to renew my contract and go with the LG G4, but it was if no one had it in the entire country. So eventually told them cancel my contract, I'll go prepaid and buy the phone. This was after being messed around for two months, when my wife wanted to renew and get the S6 same story.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Because the staff incentive system is based on the wrong indicators!

Georgios

Mtn tried this scheme with my Fiancé. They want you to sign so they can get their commission. We just went to another MTN store that had stock.