Why are black South Africans trying to reclaim land that doesn't belong to them?

Sudo Panic

Please correct me if I am wrong but what claim do black South Africans have? As far as I know it is the Khoisan who have walked these lands for thousands of years and African tribes originated from the north?

Sorry I have very little knowledge on this and started reading about this recently as I find it kind of odd that you would claim to something that doesn't even belong to you.

Thoughts? I am completely open to all comments and opinions, I don't care how dumb I look in the end I learn more.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
It's black vs white.
I can't sugar coat it. Sorry.
Apartheid has been used as the excuse for all failures in the country for over two decades. Responsibility isn't taken by politicians and taking what isn't yours is part of the national pass time.
There isn't an excuse for corruption and theft. There never will be.
Nothing is done about it except talking and no action.
Point being, in situations like these it's not so much about the land. Rather it's about owning something to avoid someone else owning it. It's a form of segregation just like Apartheid. It's just not being said as it should be.
It slowly started with AA then BEE. Now it's MeMeMe.

TysonRoux

Executive Member

LOL, .......is that like a threesome?

Swa

Honorary Master
Please correct me if I am wrong but what claim do black South Africans have? As far as I know it is the Khoisan who have walked these lands for thousands of years and African tribes originated from the north?

Sorry I have very little knowledge on this and started reading about this recently as I find it kind of odd that you would claim to something that doesn't even belong to you.

Thoughts? I am completely open to all comments and opinions, I don't care how dumb I look in the end I learn more.
It gets even more ridiculous when they claim the same land as "ancestral" land.

It's black vs white.
I can't sugar coat it. Sorry.
Apartheid has been used as the excuse for all failures in the country for over two decades. Responsibility isn't taken by politicians and taking what isn't yours is part of the national pass time.
There isn't an excuse for corruption and theft. There never will be.
Nothing is done about it except talking and no action.
Point being, in situations like these it's not so much about the land. Rather it's about owning something to avoid someone else owning it. It's a form of segregation just like Apartheid. It's just not being said as it should be.
It slowly started with AA then BEE. Now it's MeMeMe.
It's a crime against humanity. Only certain crimes against humanity have to be acknowledged though.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Exactly that. It's not even reverse Apartheid. It's exactly Apartheid. The word's meaning doesn't change because the race changes.
I take it that you've been contacted by the security police for this comment. I also missed the ANC led policy stripping white people of the right to vote, citizenship, access to public services...

quovadis

Expert Member
I take it that you've been contacted by the security police for this comment. I also missed the ANC led policy stripping white people of the right to vote, citizenship, access to public services...
It surprises me how many choose to ignore or simply
dont know their own country’s history or choose to cherry pick from it.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I'm failing to understand these replies as it pertains to me?
I am saying that Apartheid is Apartheid. Whether it's black vs white as well.
I'm not nitpicking from history either. The present time reflects that white people are being segregated as well.
Edit: Still waking up. Whether the current segregation is exactly like past of the Apartheid era or not, doesnt matter.
It's being done in a similar manner.
Taking something which isn't yours like property pretty much equals Apartheid.

krycor

Honorary Master
Happens on both sides.. end of the day it needs to be addressed. I belong to neither side but know that until it is.. this country will just tear itself apart because we have bigger issues.

Zyk1

Expert Member
Some have a feeling of entitlement.
They believe the sins of the past against their ancestors entitles them to free land.

quovadis

Expert Member
I'm not nitpicking from history either. The present time reflects that white people are being segregated as well.
I wasn’t replying to you but if you truly consider the present time to be reverse apartheid you have a fundamental ignorance of understanding what apartheid was.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Edit: Still waking up. Whether the current segregation is exactly like past of the Apartheid era or not, doesnt matter.
It's being done in a similar manner.
Taking something which isn't yours like property pretty much equals Apartheid.
Do you actually believe this or just posting garbage for a reaction? Something to jerk off to later I'm guessing.
You believe whites are being segregated?
In South Africa?
In the present times?
I fail to see how any of the apartheid strategies or policies from the past regime are currently present and at play against whites in the country as it stands today.

Your views do make for some good chuckling though :)

IMO the OP's question has much relevance. The land isn't the blacks to claim as theirs. Blacks were just as much invaders as whites.

So much for this goddamn rainbow nation. What a delusional notion.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Do you actually believe this or just posting garbage for a reaction? Something to jerk off to later I'm guessing.
You believe whites are being segregated?
In South Africa?
In the present times?
I fail to see how any of the apartheid strategies or policies from the past regime are currently present and at play against whites in the country as it stands today.

Your views do make for some good chuckling though :)

IMO the OP's question has much relevance. The land isn't the blacks to claim as theirs. Blacks were just as much invaders as whites.

So much for this goddamn rainbow nation. What a delusional notion.
I don't see a reason why you need to go postal on me and hurl insults?
It's my opinion. I don't speak for everyone.
Simple things like AA, BEE and policies and laws that elevate the black race over the whites is a form of segregation in my mind..
Taking land too.
This is my last response to personal attacks.

Crowley

Executive Member
The definition of apartheid is "a policy or system of segregation or discrimination on grounds of race. "

It doesn't mention right to vote, access to public services etc. So maybe the current racism isn't as bad as the previous version was so it is all OK.