Why are fibre ISP's so utterly pathetic?

shadow_man

Executive Member
According to the Vumatel coverage page, my area is now live:

However, Mind The Speed refuse to process my order - stating otherwise.

They then ask if I wish to proceed with my order when the area goes live - to which I say yes (and show them the coverage map which indicates it's already live). They then ignore this and close my ticket, ignoring the fact that I'm happy to wait and proceed.

I'm then forced to open up another ticket - where I again get asked if I wish to proceed... and again it looks like they're ignoring my response...

This is the second ISP that can't seem to process an order, is the ISP industry so flush that they can just ignore new clients and chase away business, what gives?

shadow_man

Executive Member

Thanks for the input.

vumatelcore - inprogress

Which is fine if the map is wrong, but this doesn't explain why i'm having such trouble getting ISPs to take my money, for a preorder at that...

Level7 point blank said no - we're not interested until live.
Mind The Speed - keep asking me if I'm ok to wait, and when I say yes - they simply close the ticket... (this has happened 3x now).

Level7 and Mind The Speed are obviously raking it in - as both of them aren't even interested in processing a pre-order...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thanks for the input.

vumatelcore - inprogress

Which is fine if the map is wrong, but this doesn't explain why i'm having such trouble getting ISPs to take my money, for a preorder... Level7 and Mind The Speed are obviously raking it in - as both of them aren't even interested in processing a pre-order...

Level7 point blank said no - we're not interested until live.
Mind The Speed - keep asking me if I'm ok to wait, and when I say yes - they simply close the ticket... (this has happened 3x now).
Preorder isn't going to realistically make a major difference to your install time, and often complicates delivery more than anything. Which is why many ISPs don't take preorders.

shadow_man

Executive Member
Preorder isn't going to realistically make a major difference to your install time, and often complicates delivery more than anything. Which is why many ISPs don't take preorders.

Thanks - I wish that someone would have actually had said that in the beginning. Vuma have been encouraging us all to preorder as soon as possible...

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Thanks - I wish that someone would have actually had said that in the beginning. Vuma have been encouraging us all to preorder as soon as possible...

I suspect this might rather be indicating interest on Vuma's Maps,haven't heard of any ISP considering a "Preorder"

shadow_man

Executive Member
I suspect this might rather be indicating interest on Vuma's Maps,haven't heard of any ISP considering a "Preorder"

It not indicating of interest.
My area is trenched, repair work done (driveways etc) and my wall box has been up for weeks.

The Vuma site says area is live, and lets me order - however ISPs either don't have the same info, or just aren't keen on the business.

Either way it's a little bit bizarre / frustrating from the consumers point of view.

JamesBoy

It not indicating of interest.
My area is trenched, repair work done (driveways etc) and my wall box has been up for weeks.

The Vuma site says area is live, and lets me order - however ISPs either don't have the same info, or just aren't keen on the business.

Either way it's a little bit bizarre / frustrating from the consumers point of view.
I was in the same boat when they were done with the aerial install here, Vuma reckoned "all systems are green" however the order took an additional three months to actually get to that "yes, we're really live now" status.

Nqindi

Expert Member
The map is wrong. deal with it. They closed the ticket probably because they couldn't get you to understand this simple fact.