Trevino95

I've been using the month to month 4g package. I canceled in Feb. 1st of March I was still debited. On the site it shows next payment date 1st April. I have been trying to get hold of them. How do I remove my banking details. I was under the impression. That you pay for the month ahead. Reading all these posts on rain I am strongly considering going to get a new bank account. Rain is just a scam. Well atleast that's how I feel. I wouldn't recommend anyone to use this service. If there is anyone that has opened a case or reported them please sign me up.

Why is there no option to remove banking details!! I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional and criminal. Especially seeing that it is a month to month service.

Last edited by a moderator:

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I've been using the month to month 4g package. I canceled in Feb. 1st of March I was still debited. On the site it shows next payment date 1st April. I have been trying to get hold of them. How do I remove my banking details. I was under the impression. That you pay for the month ahead. Reading all these posts on rain I am strongly considering going to get a new bank account. Rain is just a scam. Well atleast that's how I feel. I wouldn't recommend anyone to use this service. If there is anyone that has opened a case or reported them please sign me up.

Why is there no option to remove banking details!! I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional and criminal. Especially seeing that it is a month to month service.
Good Morning @Trevino95

My apologies for your experience , please PM me the email address linked to your rain profile so i may investigte and advise accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shi

Expert Member
I logged in. Think I went to my sim or something. And pressed cancel.
Yip, go to the SIM, and then to the bottom of the page. Once clicked, it should give you some feedback.

PS: it would be great if one got a confirmation email about this instruction.

CPT-LAD

I've been a rain customer since they started with Afrihost , for the last 4 months my internet speeds are super super slow, added a pointing omni-directional antenna to my B315, in order to achieve the advertised 10MBPS and reason for taking on their offer yet my speeds aare under 2.0 which means i cant work effectively to earn a decent income, but rain just expects payment, YET NO SERVICE, NO HELP NO SOLUTIONS FOKKOL.

1614702650960.png

RAIN , IM NOT ASKING FOR MAGIC , JUST FOR WHAT IM PAYING

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I've been a rain customer since they started with Afrihost , for the last 4 months my internet speeds are super super slow, added a pointing omni-directional antenna to my B315, in order to achieve the advertised 10MBPS and reason for taking on their offer yet my speeds aare under 2.0 which means i cant work effectively to earn a decent income, but rain just expects payment, YET NO SERVICE, NO HELP NO SOLUTIONS FOKKOL.

View attachment 1029500

RAIN , IM NOT ASKING FOR MAGIC , JUST FOR WHAT IM PAYING
HI @CPT-LAD

Please provide me with your email via PM

CyrilDold

Well here I am in the same situation.
Debit order still running after the service was cancelled. Illegally after I confirmed via the customer support that the account must be closed in November Checking today I see the account is still active and has not been disconnected and I don't even have the sim anymore!
I had no service in October, I was debited and the service disconnected by them the first week in November. Their accounting is shocking and I disputed and proved they cannot be charging me for no service. I had no service!! They have ignored my cancelation. It's time for customers to make a stand my attorney will handle this as I will get costs and damages. In November there was a huge outcry as they ran a couple of these debit order scams to various other people I know. I'm sure there are more people having this same issue.
The service has got worse over the last year, so it's not even comparable to other 4g service providers.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
HI @CyrilDold

I apologise for the experience you have had, could I ask you to please provide me with the email address linked to your rain profile via PM so I may investigate this.

charlieharper

Expert Member
Yea, that’s why I think it’s much safer to add credit card (especially Virtual Card) vs debit order.
If you cancel and paid everything you may owe, you just cancel the card as well to prevent any further deductions.
Debit orders on the other hand or so dodgy by design.

Prettylondeka

I canceled my card in January and I am still debited. May I please get some assistance toward what I can do, Money was taken from my account this month.

Pringle007

I've also just noticed that on my rain dashboard it says I've been making payment since January yet no debit occurred but today we were charged 150 plus 300 out of no where after I requested cancellation on December. Very disgusting company to think I supported it.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I've also just noticed that on my rain dashboard it says I've been making payment since January yet no debit occurred but today we were charged 150 plus 300 out of no where after I requested cancellation on December. Very disgusting company to think I supported it.
Hi @Pringle007
please drop me PM with the email linked to your rain account and we will investigate on our side.