Why Cell C took action against “worst provider” billboard

so urgency hurdle remains and the horse has bolted
the only basis for issue is the personal contact information which would be better served by covering it up so the harm is not further prevented by an interdict.

Basically CellC has a day to stop being stupid in

So Cell C is not disputing the issue raised on the billboard itself?

Cell C explained that it was compelled to take such action because the billboard “contains the personal contact details of one of our valued employees”.

Lol! He might not be so valuable after this fiasco.

I wonder if Cell C has resolved the case that caused that billboard being put up.

Lol! He might not be so valuable after this fiasco.
Agreed, amazing how they defend him.

Maybe the executive who didn't want to help should have been named instead...

Surely that number belongs to Cell C Sandton City branch and not his personal number.. Maybe all the journalist were trying to get hold of him to know more insight into the matter.

Frankly, any sensible business will fight tooth and nail to have such a billboard removed. Then resolve the actual dispute ASAP and sue the craaap out of the person who put it up, if proven frivolous. If the client had a legitimate claim, all they can do is hope everyone forget about it soon.

Cell C explained that it was compelled to take such action because the billboard “contains the personal contact details of one of our valued employees”.

But they can call me every 2nd day on my cell number that they didn't ask me for to try and sell me stupid cellphone contracts?:whistling:

Never been a Cell C customer... I guess I made the right call.

I wish I had the money to do it to MTN a couple of years ago! I had a problem with my statements for about 2 years but every time I tried to get it resolved I was just told they am am stupid and don't understand things etc. etc while obviously nobody was smart enough to just get the issue escalated and fixed.

I don't think Cell C is the most useless. The other providers sometimes rate high up there.

Cell C just got caught out. I hope they loose BADLY because it it will hopefully get everybody on their toes.

Epic fail CellC .....

I am damned if I will ever support these schmucks again .....

Frankly, any sensible business will fight tooth and nail to have such a billboard removed. Then resolve the actual dispute ASAP and sue the craaap out of the person who put it up, if proven frivolous. If the client had a legitimate claim, all they can do is hope everyone forget about it soon.

Nope a sensible business would have covered their ass legally while getting the PR front working to the benefit of the business.

If I was CellC I would have moved aggressively on the privacy violation issue within minutes of knowing of the banner - customer and staff personal information should be treated as sacrosanct by companies in this industry. So an immediate phone call to the controller of the building, starting work on getting an urgent application in court as a precautionary measure (having in-house legal get the requisite information from the applicable Registrar's office (South Gauteng I assume) getting one of the contracted attorney's firms on on the line with instructions to prepare to brief a junior to appear. The single and solitary demand is to discontinue publication of the private information of the individual - the privacy issue. At the same time I'd take a look into the Intellectual Property issue - in light of the SAB and Nurse saga as finalized in the Constitutional Court (the Sachs judgment in particular) it isn't looking to promising to be honest - and I'd like at the right to reply.
By Monday I'd demand a right to reply as CellC if the person placing up the banner has special access to the space I'd demand access to that space. I'd prepare a song and dance about CellC respecting the right to freedom of expression and all that jazz and indicate that it is unfortunate that the valued client felt the need to vocalize dissatisfaction with our services by way of a protest action.

Well they could contact the disgruntled client sort out his problem and get the billboard removed as opposed to going the legal route.

My Cell C contract end 9/1/2015. I think I'll Telkom a chance now.

I think every other service provider would have reacted the same way. Except maybe Virgin Mobile, they are half asleep most of the time.

Back