Why companies want employees back in the office

Hamster

Resident Rodent
The major issue for most companies is cyber security... if not yet, for the future. You have little to no control or monitoring over the home environment.

Company VPN + on prem machines accessed via RDP.

It comes with pros and cons but you are now have more or less the same control you have over somebody sitting in the office with a cellphone.

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Company VPN + on prem machines accessed via RDP.

It comes with pros and cons but you are now have more or less the same control you have over somebody sitting in the office with a cellphone.
Indeed, something many companies don't have and should consider. But in all honesty, if you don't have yet, I'd just go cloud based with one of the many VPN alternatives...

Napalm2880

Expert Member
I'm never going back, I can't even remember what the office looks like and I don't want to remember
My problem is not so much the office, it's more the commute. It's absolutely retarded to expect employees to sit in traffic for ~2hours every day and more so when those employees are more than capable of working remotely.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I would give my left nut to work from home everyday in my underpants and a tie for the zoom meetings

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Oh so thats why they will not allow you to work remotely...
I can never make up my mind which tie to wear for the meetings

Just in Time for Mother's Day: DIY D-Ring Fashion Belts | projectophile

RedViking

Nord of the South
I use Zoho Projects to manage and keeping track of projects and the various stages. Employees get a task and then they just record time against that task. It shows how many days they have to complete it etc. There is really no way for them to sit and do nothing as there is a deadline and if they don't complete the task others wont be able to continue. So things just keep on flowing.

1627892070285.png

And then I can also add a checklist to each task that has to be fully complete. That way there is little room for error or worrying if they will leave something out.

1627892228395.png

Making the checking when something has to go to council so much easier.

If you are in the IT industry this is even more applicable and there should be ZERO reason to have them all put into a single room. To do what?

I would imagine a billion dollar company to have an even better system in place.