Why defend ourselves

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Adolf, Adolph, the same.

Adolf is the correct, German spelling.

Adolph is the British spelling.

Mr TB

Banned
No, I don't know of any atheists who have tried to pin the holocaust on christians, it is known to have been caused by the Nazi's... irrespective of what their religious leanings were.

Which scientific journal did you get that quote on evolutionism from?..... because I definately disagree that evolutionism had anything to do with the Holocaust, or genocide in Africa.
I would have respected your statement , Lonegunman’s quote however points in the opposite direction. Read it and decide for yourselves…

Originally Posted by LoneGunman
here's a lovely quote from a famous Christian - to demonstrate what happens when the dodo's have any political power..

"QUOTE:
""My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922

MY REPLY:
So certainly genocide and the holocaust are pinned on christianity by LG.
That is my humble conclusion…Research and look for Ernst Haeckel, Alfred Ploetz, Julius Lehmann. Eugenics and Darwinism fit into each other…

Another shocking quote based on darwinism concerning involuntary euthanasia:
“Sadly, today, the very philosophy that was foundational to Nazism is taught as fact in Western media and educational circles. And atheistic philosophers such as Peter Singer and James Rachels have applied the same reasoning as the Nazis—that Darwinism has undermined the sanctity of human life, so involuntary euthanasia should be allowed, e.g. for disabled newborns. This shows that if we don’t learn from history, we are likely to repeat it.”

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Eugenics and Darwinism do not fit in to each other at all, even in the slighest....

Mr TB

Banned
Eugenics and Darwinism do not fit in to each other at all, even in the slighest....
QUOTE:
“In 1895 Alfred Ploetz had, as we have seen, introduced Social Darwinism into Germany and founded Racial Hygiene”
QUOTE:
“They felt that the physically and mentally defective should be painlessly eliminated and demanded the nullification of the religious and legal barriers which stood in the way.”

As you can see , the above quotes dear origin of species –thumper it is clear that the religious is a barrier in obtaining the goals of darwinism and eugenics the hidden agenda.
The Babilon of old when everyone spoke the same tongue….
You as origin of species-thumper should read the quote from the following article. From this you will realize that eugenics and darwinism is very much related. Both subjects calls for weakening the church…
QUOTE:
“The elites apparently are easy to influence. In a Sept. 23, 1969, letter, Hugh Moore recalled his recruitment of former Sen. Kenneth Keating, R-N.Y., as chairman of the Population Crisis Committee. "The senator knew nothing about population problems at that point," Moore said. "But I told him not to worry. I would get him the best men in the field to write his speeches." q
Meehan, who writes from Maryland, has done extensive research on eugenics in many archives
Advice: 'Weaken' the Church
Population controller Hugh Moore relied heavily on his aide, T.O. Griessemer. In a Jan. 5, 1965, strategy memo to his boss, Griessemer suggested: "Weaken and divide the opposition to a sound U.S. population policy, the major source of which still is the Catholic Church." Referring to "an incipient revolution within the Catholic Church with regard to birth control," Griessemer said that "we should encourage the rebels."
Moore and others did that, and were generally pleased with the results. In a Sept. 20, 1969, letter to William H. Draper Jr., Moore boasted that "we have pretty well won the battle with the old men in the Vatican."
In the same letter, however, Moore doubted that voluntary methods of birth control "can do the job in time to save civilization." He suggested: "Involuntary birth control would have to be approached step by step, perhaps starting in the United States by wiping out the tax benefits accorded parents of large families. . . And go on from there!" -- Mary Meehan”

The litarature is available, if you want a real wide view surf the WWW!

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Why defend ourselves ? The Bible says "The truth shall set you free" We all believe we posess the one and only truth.
In saying that, there can only be one truth. So, 99/100 are then wrong. In my opinion, Christ is the one and only Truth !

Claymore

Executive Member
QUOTE:
“In 1895 Alfred Ploetz had, as we have seen, introduced Social Darwinism into Germany and founded Racial Hygiene”
QUOTE:
“They felt that the physically and mentally defective should be painlessly eliminated and demanded the nullification of the religious and legal barriers which stood in the way.”
Whichever way you cut it, that is not natural selection.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Mr TB said:
As you can see , the above quotes dear origin of species –thumper it is clear that the religious is a barrier in obtaining the goals of darwinism and eugenics the hidden agenda.
Those would be the religious and legal barriers against MURDER. :rolleyes:

LoneGunman

Expert Member
"We are a people of different faiths, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not
the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls.... We tolerate no
one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... in fact our movement is Christian.
We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep
distress of our own people.
"
-Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Passau, 27 October 1928, Bundesarchiv Berlin-Zehlendorf,

well thank God that the Nazi's were Christians - and thus managed to avoid all that evil naughty darwin-inspired eugenics stuff :p
'hitlers christianity': http://nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm
http://nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm

Last edited:

Turtle

Expert Member
Cant we just all agree to disagree? .. Or at least discuss it rationally without the name calling and people bashing.
Agreed. Admittedly as the years go by the 'debates' start to all 'look and feel' the same to me. For various reasons I nowadays just try to aim more for a "live and let live" philosophy (not entirely successfully though :)).

Why defend ourselves ? The Bible says "The truth shall set you free" We all believe we posess the one and only truth.
In saying that, there can only be one truth. So, 99/100 are then wrong. In my opinion, Christ is the one and only Truth !
What's so bad about just letting people "be wrong". You call it "defending yourself" but that's not entirely accurate, because nobody is actually "attacking" you - we live in a (by typical Western standards) free society where anyone can practice (and preach) Christianity all they want. I can't remember when last anyone was killed or physically hurt for being Christian in SA, in fact I don't even know of any incidents of it. Christianity is not under attack here, in fact at +/- 60% of the population, and with churches on just about every other corner and Christian programming/services being most common on TV and with bibles in every hotel and with Christian holidays being very publicly celebrated etc., it's by far the dominant religion, if anything it's the opposing views that are 'on the defence'. Christianity isn't going anywhere soon. Of course freedom of speech of course allows us all to preach our opinions anyway, to a large degree. One sometimes encounters a bit of a martyr mentality though where people think their religion is "under attack", and I'm not sure where it really comes from (someone posting on a forum doesn't really qualify as much of an "attack" in my view, that's just expression, and we all get our say). On another note, it's interesting that most Eastern religions do not come with this "our religion is the only right one and everyone must be converted" mentality that you see so often with Christianity and Islam.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Why must we (as Christians) always prove to you that God exists?
Instead, please prove to me that God doesn't exist! (and 100% conclusive proof as is always asked of us)
Of course not. We don't have to prove anything. People argue for
the sake of arguing but since their arguments are poor, they haven't
turned anyone away from religion. Remeber just because someone
says they're Agnostic or Atheist, it doesn't mean that they're
rational people either. For example, people involved in science,
must keep up to date of current developments, because if
they don't they rapidly start believing in myths (disproven theories
or fallacious concepts) as knowledge changes virtually all the time.
The same goes for Agnostics or Atheists, unless they're a walking
encyclopedia of how and why, they have to to be spoonfed
scientific knowledge about the world. They believe it because
some institute proved it or conceptualised it but later on
someone comes along and discovers that the proof was incorrect
or maybe even just invalid under some circumstances. In a way you have to believe the scientific community, the politicians, the mass media, your lawyer, your boss, your car maker even your supermarket
and instead of trusting in God, you turn your blind trust and obedience to governments, corporations, adverts, scientific journals (where even the best articles are biased) and so on.
So instead You Magazine, or CNN becomes the pulpit for these peope or Britney Spears or something else.

Other point is that Money is a god too for many people. People become power and money crazed, imagining what they will do with the dough, but once they
get it, they're either disappointed or yearn for more. The concept of unimaginable riches is an attractive one.

Last edited:

Mr TB

Banned
Of course not. We don't have to prove anything. People argue for
the sake of arguing but since their arguments are poor, they haven't
turned anyone away from religion. .
The argument is not even about the existence of god.

The question actually is am i willing to be held accountable in front of the most fair judge for my actions on earth?

The non-christian refuse to accept accountability, whilst the christian accept such accountability, understand his/her position is hopeless, and is justified by faith in christ crucifiction and by grace receives eternal life...the non-christian because of his/her rebellion eternal death...

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
We, as Christians, must set examples to the rest of the world.

This is very difficult, as the rest of the world won't understand why.

This also includes the task of telling other people about the Lord, and what He means for you. BUT it does NOT give you the right to FORCE your beliefs down other people's throats.

If they are not interested, let them be. After all, how would you feel if an agnostic, Wiccan, Pagan or whatever decides to force his/her belief onto you? Jesus did the same - He did not forced others to believe in Him, but simply proved by example.

Mr TB

Banned
We, as Christians, must set examples to the rest of the world.

This is very difficult, as the rest of the world won't understand why.

This also includes the task of telling other people about the Lord, and what He means for you. BUT it does NOT give you the right to FORCE your beliefs down other people's throats.

If they are not interested, let them be. After all, how would you feel if an agnostic, Wiccan, Pagan or whatever decides to force his/her belief onto you? Jesus did the same - He did not forced others to believe in Him, but simply proved by example.
Yes i indeed agree with you and although i may seem like a rude bum sometimes i am learning to defend the faith. You will agree there are a lot of blatant lies concerning G-D thumped into this forums and nothing is said...

The "bible quotes" section for instance is good example...