Why Discovery is forcing staff to get vaccinated for Covid-19

eg2505

Honorary Master
easy to do when they hand out vaccines in the lobby of their building,

but honestly does it actually help, look at Israel super duper vaccinated, but got more cases.
so are the vaccines actually doing anything?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
easy to do when they hand out vaccines in the lobby of their building,

but honestly does it actually help, look at Israel super duper vaccinated, but got more cases.
so are the vaccines actually doing anything?
eye-roll-ugh.gif

John Tempus

Executive Member
Those stats on the graph makes no sense, last I heard it is the second year in a row that we have no influenza so that influenza death should be 0 since covid19 started.

These claims about the data showing the current "vaccines" is safe just makes me roll my eyes. Before covid19 you would be insane to ever see something being injected fully studied and cleared as safe in such a short time but now suddenly we have already concluded it is perfectly safe with less than a year of data, amazing. I guess covid19 also provided scientists all of a sudden with a time machine because before covid19 they could not get things approved as safe within 5 years and most cases 10 years.

Covid19 vaccines might be perfectly safe and actually work but the current data is nowhere near long term enough to make all these bold claims about it. Love it or hate it, everyone taking the vaccine willingly or by some implementation of laws is all part of the live trial being run in the real world right now.

I still laugh my ass off when I read about influenza suddenly gone since covid19 started, next level trolling.

Last edited:

ajan

"unequivocal data that COVID-19 vaccines are ... safe" - Oh did we just forget about blood clotting all of a sudden?

mojoman

Expert Member
Im sure they have all their ducks in a row but isnt this just a labour court nightmare coming up?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
legitimate question, Israel is the guinea pig, and if they failed at it, why should we go and do it here?
How did they fail? They have a record number of cases but serious cases are falling...
"unequivocal data that COVID-19 vaccines are ... safe" - Oh did we just forget about blood clotting all of a sudden?

JohnStarr

Executive Member
You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

By the same token: You can tell an anti-vaxxer that the vaccine won't prevent you getting Covid, but it will prevent you getting the most severe symptoms or even die...and they'd still refer to people getting the virus with the vaccine :unsure:

John Tempus

Executive Member
How did they fail? They have a record number of cases but serious cases are falling...

Israel cases keep rising, their death count keeps on rising.

If this is how as country with high vaccination end up you may as well give me poison, seems I have a better odds of surviving.

In all seriousness the Israel stats just tells me that vaccines do absolutely nothing to reduce covid19 cases. Their numbers even much higher than no lockdown nations like Sweden with similar population size.

Israel success story (LOL)

israel.png

HideInLight

Expert Member
legitimate question, Israel is the guinea pig, and if they failed at it, why should we go and do it here?
They seem to be in a wave, where they are currently at the peak with many more tests done. However if you compare that with their previous wave, there is 50% less deaths this time around, with 50% less hospitalizations.

Comparing UK to South Africa is pretty scary, the infections graph is almost identical. Yet if you compare their deaths and hospitalizations with ours, we somehow lost more people per day than they did in a week.

The main reason for getting the vaccine is to prevent hospitalization and death with some resistance to getting sick.

Full blown immunity isn't realistic.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
but why not, its a legitimate question,
if it fails elsewhere, why should we be forcing people to take it?
The super duper expert scientists here will say it's because Israel just didn't implement it properly.
We will do it correctly.

EDIT : Oh wait, that was communism

markings

Expert Member
Im sure they have all their ducks in a row but isnt this just a labour court nightmare coming up?
AFAIK there is not a single court anywhere in the world that has turned down vaccination mandates wholesale. They may have put aside certain minor consequences of not getting vaccinated, that is all. French, Italian, US, Israeli courts have all broadly accepted mandates or regulations.