Why Discovery is forcing staff to get vaccinated for Covid-19

John Tempus

Executive Member

blah99

Expert Member
You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

By the same token: You can tell an anti-vaxxer that the vaccine won't prevent you getting Covid, but it will prevent you getting the most severe symptoms or even die...and they'd still refer to people getting the virus with the vaccine :unsure:
This is what grates me every time, even in my own family.

Me : Get vaccinated

Pete : No, you can still get Covid

Me : I know, it's common knowledge. BUT it does limit death and severe illness.

Pete : But you can still get covid.

Me : Fokof

John Tempus

Executive Member
They seem to be in a wave, where they are currently at the peak with many more tests done. However if you compare that with their previous wave, there is 50% less deaths this time around, with 50% less hospitalizations.

Comparing UK to South Africa is pretty scary, the infections graph is almost identical. Yet if you compare their deaths and hospitalizations with ours, we somehow lost more people per day than they did in a week.

UK population 66.65million with 133000 deaths
SA population 58.86 million with 82496 deaths

Please tell me again how the UK is doing better than SA with their vaccination rate, they are doing worse or if we go by exact population size to death then SA is still doing better.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Israel cases keep rising, their death count keeps on rising.

If this is how as country with high vaccination end up you may as well give me poison, seems I have a better odds of surviving.

In all seriousness the Israel stats just tells me that vaccines do absolutely nothing to reduce covid19 cases. Their numbers even much higher than no lockdown nations like Sweden with similar population size.

Israel success story (LOL)

View attachment 1139354
It's not about reducing cases it's about reducing hospitalization...
Still, vaccination reduced the rate of hospitalization more than 10-fold in the population under 50.

NeoAcheron

Out of over 2 billion people vaccinated, and around 5 billion dosed administered, since December 2020 I am pretty sure the science points to state that the vaccine has had no large scale overblown effects.

But sure, let's stick to the dumbass Facebook news reporting method, because old oom Piet from the bar told me the other night over a klippies-en-coke that he heard from his nephew's veterinarian that it's not safe.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Their current deaths are less than 100 a day.

Ours are 400+

All due to vaccines.

Jesus, no point discussing this if you can't even read the UK latest data.

Most recent daily death count is +200 in last 24hrs but you pull less than 100 count out of your as.s it seems.

SA latest death count is +235 deaths in last 24hrs

HideInLight

Expert Member
UK population 66.65million with 133000 deaths
SA population 58.86 million with 82496 deaths

Please tell me again how the UK is doing better than SA with their vaccination rate, they are doing worse or if we go by exact population size to death then SA is still doing better.
Their vaccination rate was at 50% fully vaccinated when they got hit by the wave.
We were at 2%.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Out of over 2 billion people vaccinated, and around 5 billion dosed administered, since December 2020 I am pretty sure the science points to state that the vaccine has had no large scale overblown effects.

But sure, let's stick to the dumbass Facebook news reporting method, because old oom Piet from the bar told me the other night over a klippies-en-coke that he heard from his nephew's veterinarian that it's not safe.

Science also shows that vaccine had no benefit either.

Just look at the public fking data, is it that hard.

Vaccinated nations seems to within margin of error death rates daily as borderline no vaccinated nations.

The idiotic statements that "vaccine prevents further deaths" is so retrded and guess work at best if the same nations still report the same actual death counts as nations with little to no vaccination. So they are suggesting without the vaccine these highly vaccinated nations would actually have even greater death count than little to no vaccinated nations ? Get real, this is getting stupid.

John Tempus

Executive Member

The only number that matters is death count. It shouldn't matter if 10 times fewer people goes to hospital if your death rate is as high as its always been and even as high if not higher than little to no vaccinated nations.

Explain that to me ? Why doesn't the death rate drastically drop, it seems to me that people who are prone to die from covid19 still just die from covid19, with or without the vaccine. People who would not have died from covid19 is perhaps getting a little less sick than before but they would still not have died from covid19, the outcome is still the same.