Why Discovery is forcing staff to get vaccinated for Covid-19

eg2505

Honorary Master
Eh?

Israel had their own anti-vaxxer problem. Their vaccination rate is only around 60%. And just because there is a surge in Israel doesn't mean they have failed because you don't have a baseline to compare it to. Variants before Delta had an R factor of between 2 and 3. Delta has an R factor in the region of > 7 (greater than seven)*. So you can't even compare previous waves. Israel might have been a lot worse of if it wasn't for the vaccine and they haven't reached the level of vaccination to stop this thing.

*These estimates are updated daily and my info might be out of date -- point is the R factor of delta is much, much more than the previous variants.
again, aren't they the most vaccinated people currently on Earth?
if they are the petri dish for all the rest of the world to watch, and they start dying, should we try to understand why first?
before saying X.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
UK population 66.65million with 133000 deaths
SA population 58.86 million with 82496 deaths

Please tell me again how the UK is doing better than SA with their vaccination rate, they are doing worse or if we go by exact population size to death then SA is still doing better.
Problem is you need to compare apples with apples.
Compare deaths since their vaccination process started with deaths since our vaccination program started.
AND factor in (somehow) the differences in vaccination rates, and allow for the disparity in the total numbers of people vaccinated. A non-trivial statistical exercise.

The raw numbers are very misleading in both countries because the methods to measure and classify deaths from Covid are different, and in SA, we generally have zero faith in our stats anyway.

MrGyre

Executive Member
I think the anti-vaxx guys are onto something thos, the two countires not making use of vaccinations are Madagascar and Tanzania, and their covid deaths are virtually non-existent :p

John Tempus

Executive Member
82% of the population is also vaccinated, and they began vaccinations last year December

View attachment 1139394

Look at the entirety of the death stats for Sweden. Their numbers were low from day one , up to vaccination and beyond vaccination.

If vaccines made the difference then why does Sweden 1st wave, post first wave, second wave and post second wave LOOK exactly the same aside from second wave spiking higher.

Did they also magically get an early vaccine delivery after the 1st wave between August 2020 and November 2020 ?

Going by the Sweden chart it would suggest their third wave have not started yet so when that start I am pretty damn sure that the peak and valley would look the same yet again.

MrGyre

Executive Member
December + 6 months = ?

Immunity ended long ago buddy. Keep your narrative in check. Go ask a Swede how their lockdown level 5 was.

There are also variants, unless you suggest somehow being closer to someone with covid increases your odds of NOT getting sick.

As said before, people can view the data and decide anything. Nobody here is convincing you to get the vaccine, nobody can make a valid argument NOT to get it tho.

John Tempus

Executive Member
I think the anti-vaxx guys are onto something thos, the two countires not making use of vaccinations are Madagascar and Tanzania, and their covid deaths are virtually non-existent :p

I am not anti-vax, not by a long shot.

I just do not buy into the current regime of vaccination push we are currently in. The only people right now completely crushing it is the pharma companies pushing these protocols. Their market caps have exploded and each time there is a new wave of panic and their latest "seasonal booster shot" push you can see their marketcap exploding even more.

My gut tells me the vaccination rush is mostly focused right now on a huge money grab and letting the science figure it out over the expected duration later on.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
December + 6 months = ?

Immunity ended long ago buddy. Keep your narrative in check. Go ask a Swede how their lockdown level 5 was.
Erm immunity doesn't end.
The booster shot is for those who are very old or compromised immune system, since antibody in blood will have reduced by then, you still have all the memory cells etc. With it that will react and produce antibodies.

MrGyre

Executive Member
Look at the entirety of the death stats for Sweden. Their numbers were low from day one , up to vaccination and beyond vaccination.

If vaccines made the difference then why does Sweden 1st wave, post first wave, second wave and post second wave LOOK exactly the same aside from second wave spiking higher.

Did they also magically get an early vaccine delivery after the 1st wave between August 2020 and November 2020 ?

Going by the Sweden chart it would suggest their third wave have not started yet so when that start I am pretty damn sure that the peak and valley would look the same yet again.

Bill Gates skipped over Sweden entirely when driving around with 5G emitting vehicle trying to kill people. His tour took him past Germany, Italy and France first.

By the time he got to Sweden, the vaccines and microchips had expired. That and everyone stayed home to watch Pewdiepie.

John Tempus

Executive Member
There are also variants, unless you suggest somehow being closer to someone with covid increases your odds of NOT getting sick.

As said before, people can view the data and decide anything. Nobody here is convincing you to get the vaccine, nobody can make a valid argument NOT to get it tho.

Your way of thinking would make you a General in the North Korean army. Just obey.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Erm immunity doesn't end.
The booster shot is for those who are very old or compromised immune system, since antibody in blood will have reduced by then, you still have all the memory cells etc. With it that will react and produce antibodies.

The booster shot is aimed AT EVERYONE, not just the so called old.

If they can get that into the general narrative it will mean Jimmy 2shoes need to renew his booster shot every 3-6months (whatever period they decide) or else he is a very naughty boy.

Forum Reader

Expert Member
"unequivocal data that COVID-19 vaccines are ... safe" - Oh did we just forget about blood clotting all of a sudden?

It's in the article. Official name is Pulmonary Embolism. 20 times lower risk of getting it with vaccine compared to getting it with Covid.

So if you're afraid of blood clotting, you should be running out now to get the vaccine.

ajan

Pack up your bags and go to commie country. They eradicated your boogeyman over night.

1630590321097.png

1630590379091.png

1630590405492.png

MrGyre

Executive Member
Your way of thinking would make you a General in the North Korean army. Just obey.

Not telling anyone to obey, I support people not getting it as well as I am also hesitant - just getting sick of seeing Israel brought up while the rest of the world is forgotten.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Bill Gates skipped over Sweden entirely when driving around with 5G emitting vehicle trying to kill people. His tour took him past Germany, Italy and France first.

By the time he got to Sweden, the vaccines and microchips had expired. That and everyone stayed home to watch Pewdiepie.

Ha Ha Ha.

When you have nothing to add and the actual data don't support your case then sure a good Bill Gates joke goes a long way.

Lupus

Honorary Master
You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

By the same token: You can tell an anti-vaxxer that the vaccine won't prevent you getting Covid, but it will prevent you getting the most severe symptoms or even die...and they'd still refer to people getting the virus with the vaccine :unsure:
And on the extremely rare occasions a person may have an adverse effect.