Why do folks drink non-alcoholic beer?

bigboy529

Expert Member
I don't like Castle at all, I'm a Black Label drinker.
Castle Zero vs normal Castle gets pretty close, if SAB ever decides to make a Black Label Zero which comes as close to the mark, then I'll be a very happy chappy.
As per the posts earlier in the thread I'll probably mix them up because I like the taste of beer, I'll drink 3 or so normal ones and then switch to Zero for the rest of the evening as to stay sober while still enjoying beer.

I can't imagine drinking only coke for a entire evening, even if light or zero it gets too sweet for me.

tRoN

Executive Member

terencej

Expert Member
I like having a beer with my friends but stay a bit far away so always drive about 40-60km to get home. Helps having alc-free beers and avoid jail or getting someone killed. Other than that, I drink real beer.

Zophos

Used to work for a company with a Zero Tolerance for Alcohol, thus when I was on stand-by and out with friends, I did the non-alcoholic beer thing.

But this was many moons ago, no more stand-by for me. :D

muisnes

I cannot imagine life without alcohol:eek:
I couldn't either. Until I got myocarditis (flu virus decided to take up residence in my heart muscle) and had less than 30% heart function.

At least I could still taste a brew of the 0% kind.

My personal preference is for Bitburger Drive when available and Becks Blue otherwise. Tried the Castle free, but it wasn't for me

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
What in the Sam Hill? The reason why there's craft beer is to add flavor cause normal beer taste like s**t.
Killed all your taste buds with blue train did you?

Either that or you're a woman if you want flavoured beer. That's in the same category as pink drinks, Dave.

Some of us actually like the taste of beer.