Why do we fight the evil in the world

I hear quotes such as

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
What make us think we can eradicate the evil and injustice in the world? Rape, murder, abuse, corruption, drug trade, slavery, wars, etc etc.

Compassion and tolerance are dying concepts.

It will never stop. We are not fit to live among one another or to dwell this earth ( which we are clearly incapable of protecting btw)

Hamster

Resident Rodent
We are not fit to live among one another or to dwell this earth ( which we are clearly incapable of protecting btw)
Just do me a favour: if you do go Crusader with a message from god on us to rid the world of our evilness, leave me out of it!

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I hear quotes such as

What make us think we can eradicate the evil and injustice in the world? Rape, murder, abuse, corruption, drug trade, slavery, wars, etc etc.

It will never stop. We are not fit to live among one another or to dwell this earth ( which we are clearly incapable of protecting btw)
:rolleyes:

Just do me a favour: if you do go Crusader with a message from god on us to rid the world of our evilness, leave me out of it!
I see where you're going with this. Let me open the curtain slightly for you with a simple example.

Do you think the war on drugs will be won or could be won ?

Just as much as we don't like discussing death or look away when driving past a grave yard (we do not like to be confronted with our end) - in the same way we don't like to hear how disgusting a species we are.

What did agent Smith compare humans with again, oh yes that's right, a virus..

genetic

Honorary Master
Just as much as we don't like discussing death or look away when driving past a grave yard (we do not like to be confronted with our end) - in the same way we don't like to hear how disgusting a species we are.

What did agent Smith compare humans with again, oh yes that's right, a virus..
Are you drunk?

denial
Do you contest my remarks in the OP?
Are we able to live in peace without fear of each other? Can we reach such a point?
As a collective we are not capable. So why are we throwing so much money and people at these problems to fight it

Last edited:

Peon

Expert Member
I hear quotes such as

We know more about the bad things in this world than the good.

Good news travels slowly, bad news has wings.

To get back to your point, I sometimes wonder how we got this far to be honest. Usually settle on dumb luck.

If your toilet had a leak you couldn't fix - would you clean up the leaked mess each day or just sit back and let your house be flooded with ****?
your analogy is very weak indeed but I get what you're saying.
We are basically fighting these things to prolong human extinction by our own hands

Last edited: