Why don't 99% of YouTube videos load?

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Only some videos have been loading for a few months now.

Not using a cache at the moment, but I think I've tried cache.saix.net before - without any success.

The "screen" remains black with the twirly loading icon constantly spinning. Everything else on the page loads, comments etc.

Have tried using a .flv downloader, but still nothing.

Can anyone please help me?

sn3rd

Expert Member
Using the flv downloader, do the .flv files actually download? Then when you try play them, do they also show a black screen, or give some error message? Have you tried converting said downloaded .flv's to .avi's or some other format? Have you tried updating your browser and/or flash player?

boramk

Bammed
Only some videos have been loading for a few months now.

Not using a cache at the moment, but I think I've tried cache.saix.net before - without any success.

The "screen" remains black with the twirly loading icon constantly spinning. Everything else on the page loads, comments etc.

Have tried using a .flv downloader, but still nothing.

Can anyone please help me?

I agree, this is wierd...

Chavez

I get the same error on allot (maybe not 99%) of video's as well.

I've tried different browsers as well as updated flash....no joy. :confused:

kevinswan007

Expert Member
i was (am) having the same problem. more like 70% for me.
what i did as a test was to load a brand new XP installation in VMware (virtual pc) and alot more (90%) of videos loaded and worked perfectly in the VMware xp.

im yet to reload my current pc to see if its going to make a difference.
(im on the fence regarding Vista SP1 and XP SP3)

mh348

Expert Member
i was (am) having the same problem. more like 70% for me.
what i did as a test was to load a brand new XP installation in VMware (virtual pc) and alot more (90%) of videos loaded and worked perfectly in the VMware xp.

im yet to reload my current pc to see if its going to make a difference.
(im on the fence regarding Vista SP1 and XP SP3)

I'm running SP3 and I have no problems with YouTube, bothing watching online or first downloading & converting works 100%. I use FireFox 2.0.0.14.

I'm on a direct connection with no proxies/cache etc. The Only time I had problems using Youtube is if use OpenBrowse,

USZA

Executive Member
Have been having the same problem with YouTube, but that was on XP. Haven't tried it on the laptop running Vista. Will have to see.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Using the flv downloader, do the .flv files actually download? Then when you try play them, do they also show a black screen, or give some error message? Have you tried converting said downloaded .flv's to .avi's or some other format? Have you tried updating your browser and/or flash player?

The .flv file saves on my PC, but no viewable content is downloaded.

Have you tried different browsers?

IE and Ff.

lolz :p

PostmanPot , What connection you have ? Who is your ISP ? What browser you use? What you wearing ?

4Mbit ADSL.

Telkom Internet.

Latest Ff2.

Cotton boxers and t-shirt. You? :p

Jonny Two Shoes

Expert Member
Same is happening to me. Using Firefox with some flash plugin. I assumed it was the plugin and thought nothing more of it....until now....hmmmmm

mccrack

Expert Member
Had the same problem a few weeks back, but running Ubuntu and FF on DSL 384.
Cant recall seeing the problem since moving to FF3 Alpha.

mitchmagi

I think it is related to the transparent proxy and or IE 7 issue - as most of the clips play in Firefox later without problem

kobie

I get the same problem for a few of the clips on you tube, using firefox as my browser.