Why I am an Atheist

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
It is mostly very difficult to explain to people why I strongly disbelieve in the concept of God. I spend a long time going through an endless amount of hard data and at the end of it have people asking me ridiculous questions like: "If there is no God how did we get here?". So I have decided to start this thread as to answer all the burning questions people have for Atheists, because I think as a now 'Practicing Non-Believer' I have some sort of responsibility unto my peers as to explain my position and to make it very clear on why and how I have come to my conclusions. Please add your own stories here, and also ask whatever you guys want us to answer.

Surv0

Executive Member
I am also an Atheist, have been for a number of years...
Have gotten over trying to talk about it with christians, purely because it falls on deaf ears.
So ive stopped trying and now live happily believing what i believe and letting them believe what they believe, after all its not going to change anything.
Dont make the same mistake as them, dont preach it and try convert.

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
Atheism is one of the most logical and academically supported ideologies, mainly the unwavering belief in that the monotheistic God that Christians, Muslims and Jews share is a fictitious entity which if existed should have no impact on our lives or minds on any level.

Simply Put: God does not exist.

How do we justify such a harsh conclusion? I mean we were all told the stories when we were young. How could We stay so far from the righteous path? This is a very good question and the aim of this thread.

Religious people cannot live in a world where no God exists, partly because it is the only reality they know, because admitting so would isolate them from their family, culture and traditions and finally because they are very afraid of going to a potential Hell.

After all what harm will it do to believe in God and it ends up that he does not exist? Atheists are after all taking a hell of a leap of faith are they not? I mean if God does exist does it not mean that they are going to hell? But those who did believe in God would be unaffected if there is no God.

Okay so let us take on this long difficult journey. Please keep in mind that during you reading this, especially if you are Religious, allow us to see all sides of this argument before making up your mind. No matter where it may lead to... be rational and follow an adult pattern of thought as to attain conclusion.

Let's set up the rules for this thread:

- Do not Quote a Holy Book: The reason for this is because Holy Books are unreliable, nonacademic sources which have and will always be in doubt, it has a list of metaphors, rules and cultist rituals in it that have nothing to do with God, but we will allow you to derive definition of God from your Holy Book.

- When Arguing do so rationally and calmly, this is an explosive subject and we need to handle it that way. So please make good arguments because Believe it Or Not people who will read this can also think for themselves.

Last edited:

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
When thinking about God we must consider:

1.) The History and Origin of the Monotheistic Religions (Islam, Christianity etc.)

2.) The Socio-Political Influence of Religion

3.) The Origins and Meaning of Morals (Given by God or Society?)

4.) Origin of Life and the Universe (Made by God?)

5.) The Psychological affects of Religion (Teaching a child to Eat Flesh and Drink Blood)

6.) The Idea of Good and Bad (Where are the shades of Grey? Childlike rationality)

7.) Angels, Demons, Ghosts and Fairies. (The Myths that plague us into belief - from exorcism to Angels)

and more...

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
My name is HGP and I am an atheist. :/

I don't even bother arguing about it anymore, but I will rip on someone and blaspheme their god if I notice them preaching.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
That's your opinion. I don't appreciate people preaching to me, and I will tell them where to get off if they do. Don't force your belief on anyone who doesn't conform to yours, and you won't be offended when they retaliate.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
That's your opinion. I don't appreciate people preaching to me, and I will tell them where to get off if they do. Don't force your belief on anyone who doesn't conform to yours, and you won't be offended when they retaliate.
if they preach to you, then that's not right. if they debate regarding their beliefs, then that's ok.

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
1.) The Origins of the Monotheistic Belief System

Monotheism was first conceived in the mind of a Egyptian Pharaoh named Akhenaten IV and it was named Atenism. The belief that there is one God beyond all else, the Almighty Creator of All Heaven and Earth. It was well-known by many Atenians that they were pray to the sun. Aten after-all was the Sun disk itself. To understand why they prayed to the sun it does not take a rocket-scientist, Egyptians were Pagans and prayed to Nature they then personified nature in different forms and thus had multiple Gods as a result. This Polytheism was tearing Egypt Apart and as a result the Rulers decided to make the Sun the main object of Prayer... the Sun then became God... the very one you still pray to today. Why the Sun then you might ask: Well it is simple... the sun provides light to see and thus makes us able to protect ourselves... unlike in dark when predators can attack easily. The Sun is the Creator... with out it the crops do not grow and we do not exists. The Sun is Almighty and All-Knowing... because no matter where you travel it will always be watching you from the skies. This is why the idea of the Sun Being God makes perfect sense historically and philosophically.

The Rulers found Monotheism handy, it succeeded in controlling the masses. People were more obedient under this new form of Theism and it made it possible for Rulers to have Godlike power over their people as they were always claimed to be anointed by God or related to God in some way. (but let us not go into the Socio-Political Aspects of Monotheism quite yet)

Judaism was the next step in Monotheism although some intermediates might have existed. It was first suggested in main stream recent academia by Sigmoid Frued but as a result of this we have done extensive research into the subject and have found endless links between Judaism of the Old Testament and the Egyptian Atenism. Atenism is the Root of Islam, Christianity and Judaism... it is undeniable as extensive studies and research has shown.

Once the simple link between Judaism is made then everything else really falls into place. Both Christianity and Islam both become literally a consequence of a clever political shift in ideology rather than divine conception.

It was at The Counsel of Nicaea when the Roman Empire realized and conceived one of the most engenius plagiarisms of all time. (This is when the Bible was written) One which still serves as a social control mechanism till today. Plagiarism you might ask? Well it is simple... because this is the point in which the link between Judaism and Atenism is most clear. Because Roman Rulers came together and took the story of Aten directly and placed it into the Bible. Even the story of Jesus. Aten in Egyptian times was said to be embodied in Horus the Son of God (Born on Dec 25, by Virgin, Three wise men and star in East, The Crucification and Resurrection after three days - Watch Zeitgeist Documentary for full explanation). Christianity is simply the belief the ideologies of a fictional book created firstly by the Egyptians then years later by the Romans. After this point the Roman Empire tore down the Ancient World as to destroy most of Atenism links to Christianity.

Now for Islam: Another Plagiarism which was also developed by people that wanted to control their wild people. The Quran contains all the Fictitious tales once dreamed up in Egypt and propagates widely today. It is a religion which is no different to its predecessors. Muslims claim that the Quran was written by God himself... the fact of the matter is that we know exactly where it was written, by who and why.

In conclusion: Historically God was created one day by an ambitious Pharaoh and its use and effectiveness was realized by all rulers that came after... even today. Akhenaten IV was simply put a genius.

Necuno

Court Jester
Monotheism was first conceived in the mind of a Egyptian Pharaoh named Akhenaten IV and it was named Atenism. The belief that there is one God beyond all else, the Almighty Creator of All Heaven and Earth. It was well-known by many Atenians that they were pray to the sun. Aten after-all was the Sun disk itself. To understand why they prayed to the sun it does not take a rocket-scientist, Egyptians were Pagans and prayed to Nature they then personified nature in different forms and thus had multiple Gods as a result. This Polytheism was tearing Egypt Apart and as a result the Rulers decided to make the Sun the main object of Prayer... the Sun then became God... the very one you still pray to today. Why the Sun then you might ask: Well it is simple... the sun provides light to see and thus makes us able to protect ourselves... unlike in dark when predators can attack easily. The Sun is the Creator... with out it the crops do not grow and we do not exists. The Sun is Almighty and All-Knowing... because no matter where you travel it will always be watching you from the skies. This is why the idea of the Sun Being God makes perfect sense historically and philosophically.

The Rulers found Monotheism handy, it succeeded in controlling the masses. People were more obedient under this new form of Theism and it made it possible for Rulers to have Godlike power over their people as they were always claimed to be anointed by God or related to God in some way. (but let us not go into the Socio-Political Aspects of Monotheism quite yet)

Judaism was the next step in Monotheism although some intermediates might have existed. It was first suggested in main stream recent academia by Sigmoid Frued but as a result of this we have done extensive research into the subject and have found endless links between Judaism of the Old Testament and the Egyptian Atenism. Atenism is the Root of Islam, Christianity and Judaism... it is undeniable as extensive studies and research has shown.

Once the simple link between Judaism is made then everything else really falls into place. Both Christianity and Islam both become literally a consequence of a clever political shift in ideology rather than divine conception.

It was at The Counsel of Nicaea when the Roman Empire realized and conceived one of the most engenius plagiarisms of all time. (This is when the Bible was written) One which still serves as a social control mechanism till today. Plagiarism you might ask? Well it is simple... because this is the point in which the link between Judaism and Atenism is most clear. Because Roman Rulers came together and took the story of Aten directly and placed it into the Bible. Even the story of Jesus. Aten in Egyptian times was said to be embodied in Horus the Son of God (Born on Dec 25, by Virgin, Three wise men and star in East, The Crucification and Resurrection after three days - Watch Zeitgeist Documentary for full explanation). Christianity is simply the belief the ideologies of a fictional book created firstly by the Egyptians then years later by the Romans. After this point the Roman Empire tore down the Ancient World as to destroy most of Atenism links to Christianity.

Now for Islam: Another Plagiarism which was also developed by people that wanted to control their wild people. The Quran contains all the Fictitious tales once dreamed up in Egypt and propagates widely today. It is a religion which is no different to its predecessors. Muslims claim that the Quran was written by God himself... the fact of the matter is that we know exactly where it was written, by who and why.

In conclusion: Historically God was created one day by an ambitious Pharaoh and its use and effectiveness was realized by all rulers that came after... even today. Akhenaten IV was simply put a genius.
My name is HGP and I am an atheist. :/

I don't even bother arguing about it anymore, but I will rip on someone and blaspheme their god if I notice them preaching.
how about atheists preaching their gospel ?

mercurial

MyBB Legend
+3

Nick333

Honorary Master
how about atheists preaching their gospel ?
Hey, if any theists want to rip on atheists I don't think anyones going to stop them. They may have a hard time blasphemiing against atheism though although it would be fun to watch them try. :p

stoke

Honorary Master
I'm cool with the no-God idea, But -

WHERE DID IT ALL COME FROM THEN?
WHAT STARTED IT ALL?
IT = EVERYTHING!

That I believe is the fundamental question that needs to be answered, and when you answer it, at that point, only then can you decide if there is or is not a God.
And then, if you do decide that there is a God based on that evidence ... where did this God come from? What made the God?

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
A country without a religion is like a pshyco without a .45 magnum

BCO

Honorary Master
I am also an Atheist, have been for a number of years...
Have gotten over trying to talk about it with christians, purely because it falls on deaf ears.
So ive stopped trying and now live happily believing what i believe and letting them believe what they believe, after all its not going to change anything.
Dont make the same mistake as them, dont preach it and try convert.
Agreed 100%

Necuno

Court Jester
Hey, if any theists want to rip on atheists I don't think anyones going to stop them. They may have a hard time blaspheming against atheism though although it would be fun to watch them try. :p

What point is there in going out telling that their believes are a farce and so on ?. In doing so you aren't just playing the opposite end as that they would have done ? - seems that everyone then are just trying to convince each other that they the only claim to a god, thee god or the no god belief system. To throw another bone here, if belief A, B or C know you arn't believing in their version of god or non god then they somehow now need to save you...

For example christians says that you muslims are belief is false your holy book a wrong, the muslims says no you christians are false gods and your book is wrong, pagans say nay we are talking to nature and you have labeled them devils, but atheists round them up with there is no god at all.

The ones i think that should bear the grunt here rather would be those who hold their flock, covenant or masjid around their pinkie by consistently telling them stories to benefit their ends and needs; but then again should you just believe so because the rabbi, priest, priestess, preacher or atheist told you so ?

Nick333

Honorary Master
What point is there in going out telling that their believes are a farce and so on ?. In doing so you aren't just playing the opposite end as that they would have done ? - seems that everyone then are just trying to convince each other that they the only claim to a god, thee god or the no god belief system. To throw another bone here, if belief A, B or C know you arn't believing in their version of god or non god then they somehow now need to save you...

For example christians says that you muslims are belief is false your holy book a wrong, the muslims says no you christians are false gods and your book is wrong, pagans say nay we are talking to nature and you have labeled them devils, but atheists round them up with there is no god at all.

The ones i think that should bear the grunt here rather would be those who hold their flock, covenant or masjid around their pinkie by consistently telling them stories to benefit their ends and needs; but then again should you just believe so because the rabbi, priest, priestess, preacher or atheist told you so ?
I agree that preaching of any kind is annoying. The difference is that an atheist doesn't ( or at least they shouldn't) expect anyone to believe anything just because they said so.