Why is MWeb not going to offer a 1Mbps bundled offering anymore?

twicode

Expert Member
I looked at the MWebs ADSL bundled prices on their website and i see they say "Line rental not available on this package" for 1Mbps lines.
Line rental is only supported from the 2Mbps which start at R599.

I understand their decision to not support 384K line rentals since but after the October upgrade 384K lines will turn into 1Mbps lines so I don't really understand them not supporting 1Mbps bundled packages.

Does anyone know a reason why MWeb do no have a bundled 1Mbps product? I assume current 1Mbps have been upgraded to 2Mbps are using the bundled 2Mbps product and paying R599 pm.

bekdik

Honorary Master
I would imagine they are waiting for Telkom to complete there 384Kb/s to 1024Kb/s upgrade

MWEBHelp

MWEB Representative
Company Rep
I looked at the MWebs ADSL bundled prices on their website and i see they say "Line rental not available on this package" for 1Mbps lines.

I understand their decision to not support 384K line rentals since but after the October upgrade 384K lines will turn into 1Mbps lines so I don't really understand them not supporting 1Mbps bundled packages.

Does anyone know a reason why MWeb do no have a bundled 1Mbps product? I assume current 1Mbps have been upgraded to 2Mbps are using the bundled 2Mbps product and paying R599 pm.

Hi twicode, we are not currently offering the 1Mb all inclusive accounts as we are waiting for Telkom to do the line upgrades from 384 to 1Mb which is due to start 1 October.

bullfrog

Expert Member
I think they received too much flack for telkoms slow upgrades.

If they were to process a "fast" line order right now, telkom will give them a 384k line. If they were to process a "faster" line order telkom will give them a 2meg line.

They're probably just holding off on the 1meg products till telkom completes upgrades. This way clients don't expect a 1meg line and get a 384k line for the next while.

Last edited:

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones

Maybe because Telkom don't offer 1Mbps lines currently?

twicode

Expert Member
Hi twicode, we are not currently offering the 1Mb all inclusive accounts as we are waiting for Telkom to do the line upgrades from 384 to 1Mb which is due to start 1 October.
Thanks, have you decided yet what the bundled price is going to be for 1Mbps (when Telkom does implement it)?

Zewp

Banned
Thanks, have you decided yet what the bundled price is going to be for 1Mbps (when Telkom does implement it)?

I'm guessing more or less the same as what 384 bundled used to cost?

twicode

Expert Member
Website still says line rental not supported on 1Mbps package. Is this correct?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Website still says line rental not supported on 1Mbps package. Is this correct?

The website is out of date (probably waiting for Telkom to finish the 384K to 1Mbps upgrades).

I changed my line speed yesterday, and the price is R339:

We would like to confirm that we have received your request for line speed upgrade to the 1024kbps speed. Once complete, we will upgrade the account to the Uncapped ADSL with 1024k line rental offer for R339 p/m.

Edit: Seems like MWeb Guy's guess was wrong (though nice to get a cost reduction!)

Yes, I believe it will be R399 :)

Last edited:

shanezn

Expert Member
Yes, I believe it will be R399 :)

When I queried this with Samantha at your Call Centre, I was quoted R339 for a bundled package. She said I could only take up the bundle after the 2 month free promo ended, at which time I could move my line to you. R399 makes no sense. Line rental from Telkom is R165 + 1Mbps Uncapped from MWEB @ R199 = R364.