Why is our infection rate so low all of a sudden??

rietrot

Honorary Master
Infection rates usually fall in the summer months, the only exception to this rule is the USA and India
India didn't reach their peak in the previous winter so it couldn't fall yet. They have billions of people.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So if you look at the graph of covid new infections per day in south africa... we reached a peak around mid July. We were having around +14 000 infections a day.
Numbers... proudly supplied by the same political party that has been governing by decree for half a year.

They don't need to lie any more.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
So if you look at the graph of covid new infections per day in south africa... we reached a peak around mid July. We were having around +14 000 infections a day.

Then around the 29th of July... the graph stats to exponentially decrease, basically going all the way down to like 2000 infections in the last few days.

Any idea what caused this drastic change ?? As far as I know, no other country has experienced this naturally... I mean the only thing we changed was move to a less strict lockdown so if anything, it shouldve gotten worse right?
It was a covid covidlie covertlie to begin with :unsure:

rh1

Expert Member
Its simple, Lockdown did fek all in this country. The virus has largely burnt through the population because it ran rampant through the townships already.

Finish and Klaar.
Agree. Cape Town tested the pregnant and HIV patients and 40% tested positive for tje anti bodies. Which meant they had it.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Its simple, Lockdown did fek all in this country. The virus has largely burnt through the population because it ran rampant through the townships already.

Finish and Klaar.

The OP was about the number of infections, not the number of deaths. The two curves are very different, and in fact the number of deaths was still relatively high until quite recently.

There are still many unknowns about this epidemic, and given the lack of accurate data, we may never know the full story.

Zophos

Expert Member
This entire year i saw no one with a cold
no one with a cough
no one with sneezes
no one with bronchitis
no one with the flu
fokkoli, nothing

covid19 has been good for us here in RSA coz airports were closed and the people weren't bringing the northern hemisphere diseases back home :thumbsup:

It comes from the rest of Africa, but thanks for playing... :D

flytek

herd immunity has largely been reached...South Africa should be the worlds safest long distance holiday destination this season.
Any tourist will basically be safe as the virus is unable to survive and spread in a population that has largely had it already

medicnick83

Paramedic
I was in a lecture just the other day and one of the presenters made a comment where she feels like the correct amounts are not being filtered through to the right people to tally the amounts up.

later on, she also said she fears a 2nd 'peak' as it were...

Temujin

Honorary Master
This entire year i saw no one with a cold
no one with a cough
no one with sneezes
no one with bronchitis
no one with the flu
fokkoli, nothing

covid19 has been good for us here in RSA coz airports were closed and the people weren't bringing the northern hemisphere diseases back home :thumbsup:
And now everyone has weakend immunes so the next cough/sneeze/bronchitis/flu that does the rounds is gonna **** everyone up worse than the rona :giggle:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The OP was about the number of infections, not the number of deaths. The two curves are very different, and in fact the number of deaths was still relatively high until quite recently.

There are still many unknowns about this epidemic, and given the lack of accurate data, we may never know the full story.

I was not talking about deaths, I was talking about infections.