Why is the unemploayent rate so high

Ragnarök

To add, I grew up poor, there was not enough to go around, and due to that, I went hungry when others in my family did not. I realised then and there we just had too many mouths to feed with to little food.

Already, people are going hungry around the world but still continues to breed because its their right, majority of these children will still be poor and hungry. As I said only politicians benefit from these situations.

As a hungry child, I would wonder whether it would have been better to have not been born.

Sooner or later the chickens are coming home to roost.
I remember back in the 80's they showed all these hungry Ethiopian children on TV , always wondered how can you make babies when you can't even feed yourself .

And to add , all these children in SA grow up fatherless .

cguy

Executive Member
Good Day

I would like to know why is the unemployemnt rate so high in south africa (30% last i checked)considering quite a lot of young people 18-25) have the degrees to get them the job,i have read that business owners in SA want job experience but none offer such,so i would like to know why is this.I have read many articles but all of them just give stats and not reasons behind the fact.I personally have friends that have Engineering,Law and Accounting degrees and non-crap degrees that would tradtionally get you somewhere in life and they have been jobless.

i would basically just like the opinion of hiring managers and such as to why not hire a bunch of interns to get them that job expeienrce required to do the job because every year there are more people graduating.

Thank you
Well, if you look at the unemployment breakdown (link in post #9), only 2.1% of the unemployed are graduates, and more than likely that 2.1% are primarily not engineering, law or accounting graduates.

So, I would say that this (graduates not getting work) isn’t really a systematic problem at all. As to why your particular friends can’t get work, my guess is that they’re doing something very wrong on their resumes or during their interviews.

Thor

Honorary Master
Good Day

I would like to know why is the unemployemnt rate so high in south africa (30% last i checked)considering quite a lot of young people 18-25) have the degrees to get them the job,i have read that business owners in SA want job experience but none offer such,so i would like to know why is this.I have read many articles but all of them just give stats and not reasons behind the fact.I personally have friends that have Engineering,Law and Accounting degrees and non-crap degrees that would tradtionally get you somewhere in life and they have been jobless.

i would basically just like the opinion of hiring managers and such as to why not hire a bunch of interns to get them that job expeienrce required to do the job because every year there are more people graduating.

Thank you

The ANC.

How do you become a dictatorship, make sure people can't read and make sure people don't have work.

Kodi

The ANC.

How do you become a dictatorship, make sure people can't read and make sure people don't have work.
Don't underestimate the value of this comment. We witnessed first hand last week the power of human fodder.

chrisc

Executive Member
The unemployment in SA is deliberate. ANC leaders know full well that their policies are designed to keep people uneducated and unemployable and totally dependant on the state

This has been obvious for years. Other distractions like BEE and cadre employment are sidelines

dsi

The ANC keeps the majority poor and uneducated so they are dependant on social grants in return for votes.

Last edited:

mjzar

Lack of investor confidence.
This is largely due to political instability, ongoing threats to property rights, and obviously corruption
I've always had the opinion that the history of the relationship between the ANC and labour unions i.e. Tripartite Alliance, has been a dominant inhibiting factor to growing employment in South Africa.

mjzar

Its been mentioned but just to add, there's been very little done in terms of tax reform/tax incentives.
Its almost like they don't want to open up the economy
I don't care how optimistic you are, the boom years like we had in the late 90s and 2000s are over

Last edited:

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Good Day

Thank you
Ever heard of a country called Cuba? It's full of Cubans.
1626989864500.png
Led by Marxist–Leninist dictator Fidel Castro, then his brother and now Miguel Díaz-Canel.

Despite being unqualified, Cubans are paid insanely high salaries by ANC ministers, to do the jobs that unemployed local South Africans are both capable and qualified of doing.

This is quid pro quo for their military support as a proxy for Communist Russia during the bush war 30 years ago.

Keep voting ANC, keep voting for unemployment, pay your SABC TV license and STFU.