Why is the white population in India so low?

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Quite curious to know why is the white population in India so low?

India was colonised by the Brits but there seems to be hardly any British communities there and influence.

Anyone know why this is?

krycor

Honorary Master
You're aware of the history with Gandhi and the British right?
I suspect there are multiple reasons
1. local populous vs land area was not as sparsely populated as Sa, Austrailia and Nz
2. It was a end point trade destination
3. Assimilation of locals was less forgiving with major uprising. i.e. ethnically it was harder
4. Climate

PS. In SA you had multiple europeans contending for the port.. dutch, spanish, british, french and since land was sparsely populated they took ownership.

krycor

Honorary Master
Interestingly RSA, Aus and Nzl has a lot to thank India for in a sense as it was one of the 1st to show that they could kick out the brits.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I suspect there are multiple reasons
1. local populous vs land area was not as sparsely populated as Sa, Austrailia and Nz
2. It was a end point trade destination
3. Assimilation of locals was less forgiving with major uprising. i.e. ethnically it was harder
4. Climate

PS. In SA you had multiple europeans contending for the port.. dutch, spanish, british, french and since land was sparsely populated they took ownership.
It is also possible that there is a smallish British population still there, I mean we are smallish in SA but in comparison to the population of 55 million we make up maybe 2 million? But when you have a population of 1 billion, 2 million whites would be lost.

Flarsiep

England, cool place with 1 day of sunshine, known as summer.
India. tar melting, eyeball popping like popcorn, skin burning off after 15 seconds.. and that is in Autumn...

Jola

Honorary Master
I suspect that many Brits also fled during WW II.

My grandfather was born there, great grandfather was managing a tea plantation somewhere in India.

mattrudlles

It also is not easy to integrate into Indian society in India. I know, even for SA Indians who have tried to emigrate to India were unable to get jobs - even menial - and essentially couldn't even integrate socially.

mattrudlles

England, cool place with 1 day of sunshine, known as summer.
India. tar melting, eyeball popping like popcorn, skin burning off after 15 seconds.. and that is in Autumn...
Interestingly I didn't find Indias sun as bad as SA. They only have a UV in Mumbai of 8 versus our 13 :| The humidity on the other-hand...

Join

Quite curious to know why is the white population in India so low?

India was colonised by the Brits but there seems to be hardly any British communities there and influence.

Anyone know why this is?
The harsh truth:
Caucasian groups in all countries are low due to we dont breed like rabbits.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Nuked 'em with peace,love,harmony and passive resistance.

Conflicted with the brit ideal of conquering and exploiting the world :ROFL:
It's a bug from the first Civilization game that carried over to them all. Basically Gandhi had an aggressive rating of 1, but when any nation became a democracy their aggression went down by 2, the problem is 1 - 2 in computer terms becomes 255. So from super peaceful to supppppppper aggressive.
Which honestly the more we are finding out about him it's probably what would've happened.