Why is the white population in India so low?

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I suspect there are multiple reasons
1. local populous vs land area was not as sparsely populated as Sa, Austrailia and Nz
2. It was a end point trade destination
3. Assimilation of locals was less forgiving with major uprising. i.e. ethnically it was harder
4. Climate

PS. In SA you had multiple europeans contending for the port.. dutch, spanish, british, french and since land was sparsely populated they took ownership.

SA has so many more white people for one reason : Gold and Diamonds.

Climate and available space plays a part but not as much as the above.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Well, Congo was colonized by the French and I dont think there are any white Frenchies there anymore either. Dont see why India would be any different.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Interestingly RSA, Aus and Nzl has a lot to thank India for in a sense as it was one of the 1st to show that they could kick out the brits.
The Irish showed them how to do it in 1919-1921. But India didn't have part of it's country kept by the British.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Quite curious to know why is the white population in India so low?

India was colonised by the Brits but there seems to be hardly any British communities there and influence.

Anyone know why this is?

Well if everyone is to PC to say it, I will:

What a fukkin stupid question !

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Even if there was 1 000 000 "whites" in India, it would still be an insignificant number compared to the 1 361 852 795 Indians there, % wise.

So define low?

Ghoster79

Why would anyone want to live next door to 1.3 billion Indians........just kidding:giggle:........... I imagine that post decolonization, living there became more difficult and people just eventually left - seems like it can be bit of a harsh place to live. Also your chances of getting a call centre job for a tech company is like practically zero

ForceFate

Honorary Master
The harsh truth:
Caucasian groups in all countries are low due to we dont breed like rabbits.
Your grandparents did. Then fought 2 world wars. Prior to that, it was imperative to have kids, that's why it wasn't uncommon to find a family of 8 kids. While recovering from war, the hippie subculture took over. :)

Polymathic

Honorary Master
The only reason whites settled in South Africa was due to the mainly due to the fact that old world diseases decimated the population of the native Khoisan people something similar to what happened in the new world. This allowed European settlements to be established. Interesting fact is that the Bantu people where not really affected by these old world diseases.

As for the question in this thread:

genetic

Honorary Master
Quite curious to know why is the white population in India so low?

India was colonised by the Brits but there seems to be hardly any British communities there and influence.

Anyone know why this is?
Because Indians kak on the beach? :p

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Interestingly I didn't find Indias sun as bad as SA. They only have a UV in Mumbai of 8 versus our 13 :| The humidity on the other-hand...
It's hot in India but the Sun doesn't burn like it does here for some reason. I went in height of summer in the South, it's so humid you almost feel like you could swim in the air but the sun on a 43 degree day doesn't burn you as much as the sun on a 32 degree Durban day

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Because Indians kak on the beach? :p

Remember going to the beach on a humid night, the beach was full young couples sitting on the beach not minding the smell of rotten fish. We wanted to get the fresh sea smell so we walked closer to the Waters edge than it us like a ton of bricks: an immense smell of sewage, we were out of there in an instance.

Knyro

Honorary Master
same reason as any other 3rd world shytehole ....... nutshell answer
You do realise that India was one of the richest places on earth before they got colonised by the British? The British were only there to rob it blind like the majority of their colonies. Even the word "loot" comes from Sanskrit.

genetic

Honorary Master
Remember going to the beach on a humid night, the beach was full young couples sitting on the beach not minding the smell of rotten fish. We wanted to get the fresh sea smell so we walked closer to the Waters edge than it us like a ton of bricks: an immense smell of sewage, we were out of there in an instance.
Yeah, it's massive problem there, along with hygiene and pollution.

Join

Your grandparents did. Then fought 2 world wars. Prior to that, it was imperative to have kids, that's why it wasn't uncommon to find a family of 8 kids. While recovering from war, the hippie subculture took over. :)
It might be so, however my great granddad was one of 3 brothers, my granddad was one of 4 children, and within my own family im one of 3 children. We like to keep it "economical" where you can at least give a future to a child when you have one, unlike some other races that just keep breeding like there is no tomorrow and cannot afford or give a child a future without getting handouts from goverments or ngo's. (should send them a TV, maybe it will help keep them busy).

Join

You do realise that India was one of the richest places on earth before they got colonised by the British? The British were only there to rob it blind like the majority of their colonies. Even the word "loot" comes from Sanskrit.
Where is your proof snowflake? How did the British rob them?