Why is the white population in India so low?

Nick333

Honorary Master
You're talking nonsense I never said. I'm talking about India as a whole, was exploited by the Brits. Didn't say antything about the common man.
Bollocks. You were trying to imply that the poverty (a problem of the common man) in India is colonialism's fault. It's not as has been shown.

Nick333

Honorary Master
To be fair, Indians continue to exploit each other daily to this day... on a grand scale. Some nations just make it easy for others bad actors to justify themselves.
What bad actors are trying to justify themselves?

Knyro

Honorary Master
Bollocks. You were trying to imply that the poverty (a problem of the common man) in India is colonialism's fault. It's not as has been shown.
Don't put words in my mouth. India, when the British arrived, was most certainly not a third world shytehole by the standards of the time. Take your wild assumptions elsewhere

Daruk

Honorary Master
Don't put words in my mouth. India, when the British arrived, was most certainly not a third world shytehole by the standards of the time. Take your wild assumptions elsewhere
LOL you consider the caste system to be civilized?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Compared to what was going on at the time in most of the world in 1608 it was.
1608? It's been around alot longer and still in place today... you can't lay the blame at her majesty's feet for that one.

Knyro

Honorary Master
1608? It's been around alot longer and still in place today... you can't lay the blame at her majesty's feet for that one.
Are you incapable of getting a person's point? I didn't say anything about the common man.

India was one of the riches places in the world before it was colonised by Britain. Fact.
Because of these riches it was exploited by Britain. Fact.

All this nonsense side-tracking you guys are doing does not change the above.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Are you incapable of getting a person's point? I didn't say anything about the common man.

India was one of the riches places in the world before it was colonised by Britain. Fact.

It's one of the richest nations today, what's that got to do with being civilized?

Knyro

Honorary Master
It's one of the richest nations today, what's that got to do with being civilized?
I'm not entertaining these attempts at side-tracking. Read up on how most of the world was back then and how India was back then and you'll see my point.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I'm not entertaining these attempts at side-tracking. Read up on how most of the world was back then and how India was back then and you'll see my point.
I'm not entertaining these attempts at side-tracking.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Lol. You're all over the place now. They're not wild assumptions. MH called India a 3rd world shythole, and your response was to bring up colonialism. What was your intention of bringing up colonialism if not to imply that India is a 3rd world shythole ( by todays standards presumably. Lol.) because of colonialism.

And to say that India wasn't a 3rd world shythole by the standard of precolonial times is completely nonsensical. There was no standard for a 3rd World shythole at the time. Everywhere was a 3rd world shythole in 1600 by todays standards. India was worst than most even then.

You can't lay the blame for 3rd world income disparity and poverty at the feet of colonialism, sorry. You're talking about societies were the only difference in income disparity between pre and post colonialism is more poor people because of population explosion thanks to the white man's medicine. India is in fact an example of a massively wealthy country where a massive income disparity has existed for centuries if not millenia and was exacerbated by breeding like rabbits.

Knyro

Honorary Master
I wasn't implying anything. If I wanted to say that it's a shytehole because of colonialism I would have said it. I brought it up as a matter of general knowledge.

There can always be a standard for a 3rd world shytehole, just compare it to other civilisations of the time.

Join

You're talking nonsense I never said. I'm talking about India as a whole, was exploited by the Brits. Didn't say antything about the common man.
So you argue that where the British "colonized" other countries they just robbed people?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I wasn't implying anything. If I wanted to say that it's a shytehole because of colonialism I would have said it. I brought it up as a matter of general knowledge.

There can always be a standard for a 3rd world shytehole, just compare it to other civilisations of the time.
It probably would've been a shyte hole anyway.

Join

Nope, i think you should rather stick to local affairs ;)

Nick333

Honorary Master
Yeah you were. You were responding to MH calling India a 3rd World shythole. There is context and the context says you were blaming colonialism for current poverty. The fact that you've now repeatedly claimed that India wasn't a 3rd World shythole by the standards of the day precolonialism is the same fccking point you're denying trying to have made.

Lol, ok, and according to the article Arthur provided it was a 3rd World shythole then by comparison to other civilisations of the time.