Why it can take a while to install fibre in your house

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member

Waiting for your fibre connection to be installed at home can be frustrating, especially if you rely on an Internet connection for work.

Most installations typically take a week or two – from ordering your line to the connection being completed, and your Internet connection functioning.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
“In the last year, our fibre installation stats – as reported to ICASA – indicate that 80% were completed within seven days of verified orders received from ISPs,” said Openserve.
Guess I must be the unluckiest person in SA.

Old place: 2 years waiting
New place: 2 months waiting

ekske1

Executive Member

Waiting for your fibre connection to be installed at home can be frustrating, especially if you rely on an Internet connection for work.

Most installations typically take a week or two – from ordering your line to the connection being completed, and your Internet connection functioning.
came here thinking fiber network in your house leaving disappointment.

zr1hpc

Guess I must be the unluckiest person in SA.

Old place: 2 years waiting
New place: 2 months waiting
Time to check Frogfootfibre.com. They cheaper for your ISP to use and installs happen a lot quicker.

G27

I ordered Fibre in June.... Still waiting for Vox to complete the installation. I sent an email last week Friday its now a week later and no response, I tried calling yesterday I got transfered two to three times and still not reached the person handling the project, both times the line cut after 5min while ringing. I'm very frustrated at this point.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Time to check Frogfootfibre.com. They cheaper for your ISP to use and installs happen a lot quicker.
Fibre is already installed, it’s installing the CPE for which they take ages.

The body corporate will never accept two fibre providers.