Why my ADSL 5102G is failing to browse in Zimbabwe?

MMU

i recently got an ADSL 5102G modem, configured the modem for adsl and it shows that i have internet access but when you but when you try to browse it says site can not be reached. also i am failing to connect to the modem using wireless but entering the correct password, it keeps on saying cannot connect to the network. please assist

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Ip or dhcp sounds like. Does a cabled connection work? If so, reset the wireless ap and password.

MMU

Ip or dhcp sounds like. Does a cabled connection work? If so, reset the wireless ap and password.
the cable connection is working. i tried to reconfigure the wireless but still not connecting

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
wrong connection settings maybe. phone isp and let them walk you through, some small detail can sometimes throw you off

Old_Liver

IIRC from many years ago, the only way to connect with some devices is to use WEP encryption on that router, not advised though, but worth a shot.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yoh, sad you are in Zim because that's a very old modem, I am sure someone would donate something if you were this side.