Why people do not shop online - Survey

Jola

Honorary Master
Yes, I buy everything online except food.

And now there are no delivery time slots, even if I wanted to.

Deandbn

I still have serious concerns about online shopping.
I tried clothing with spree once, it was not strictly sprees fault but the supplier to spree Who had labelled a size 43 shirt as size 39 and had advertised it as being pure Cotton when really it was pure nylon. Of course I had to pay to buy it in first place and then I had to pay to return it and then spree denied ever receiving it back so I lost out not once but twice so never again. I will go into a shop and see what I am buying as well as touching and feeling the goods.

When I look at places like take a lot to see what they offer I noticed that the prices are generally sky high. Yes they do have some bargains but only for things and people don't really want or need. So I will stay clear of them as well.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I tried clothing with spree once, it was not strictly sprees fault but the supplier to spree Who had labelled a size 43 shirt as size 39 and had advertised it as being pure Cotton when really it was pure nylon. Of course I had to pay to buy it in first place and then I had to pay to return it and then spree denied ever receiving it back so I lost out not once but twice so never again. I will go into a shop and see what I am buying as well as touching and feeling the goods.

When I look at places like take a lot to see what they offer I noticed that the prices are generally sky high. Yes they do have some bargains but only for things and people don't really want or need. So I will stay clear of them as well.
zando offer free returns.

Snyper564

Executive Member

I do most my shopping online - BUT - I dont buy any clothes online, its difficult enough getting the perfect fit in-store why would you do it online...

However the rest its pretty smooth sailing its bad writing online shopping off because of this.,

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I do most my shopping online - BUT - I dont buy any clothes online, its difficult enough getting the perfect fit in-store why would you do it online...

However the rest its pretty smooth sailing its bad writing online shopping off because of this.,
coz i hate going to the store and they don't have your size. much easier to do a search.

daveza

Honorary Master
Apps are way too complicated for non-techs.

Too complicated to register on, too complicated to find and order what you want.

Maybe it's better on a pc than on cell.

And tell us if it's out of stock before we check out and tell us the delivery is in 6 weeks time before we order.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Apps are way too complicated for non-techs.

Too complicated to register on, too complicated to find and order what you want.

Maybe it's better on a pc than on cell.

And tell us if it's out of stock before we check out and tell us the delivery is in 6 weeks time before we order.

Even on a PC they're a bit of a usability nightmare in all honesty. So many products make the job of displaying them in a concise and orderly fashion quite difficult

And the delivery and stock issues are a bit more short term, so previously it wasn't a huge issue...

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
In my experience, at least with older people it's all about fear of credit cards and online banking/transacting in general, and being defrauded. It's tempting to say they are misguided, but then again - At least older people are often woefully unprepared to deal securely with being connected. Not that the average younger person is a whole lot better, only significantly so. The risk for older people is of course also much higher. They have to pinch the pennies they have in the bank, and sometimes that is a lot of pennies for all that they have to last them for a long time.

Shadowchaser1

I remember when I lived in SA. Not Woolies, Checkers or PicknPay could deliver in my town. I think it's more of not enough people. For the rest it was not a problem.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Cause you'll only get delivery after the lock down.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Why does it only show the times it's open? All 5 stores near me don't have slots??
Indeed it only shows slots for the day which opens at 7am and by 8am the slots are normally taken.

You can also only pick items when the slots are open, once you bought items it gets added to the list. The you can add those items to the cart and quickly check it out when the slots are open.