Why tf are Call Of Duty games so overpriced on Steam?

PrimeSteak

1632219937782.png
All of these games are 6+ years old, so why the unholy high prices? MW1's price is bearable but the others make no ****in sense? R400 for BO2? R200 - R250 makes more sense on sale but not ****in R400! I remember when buying BO1, WAW, MW2 and MW3 that they were the most affordable of the bunch but still pricey considering the age of the games. (they are between 10 - 13 years old respectively, R180 - R270 for each of them, why tho?)

Kind Regards
PrimeSteak

BlackStatic

View attachment 1151712
All of these games are 6+ years old, so why the unholy high prices? MW1's price is bearable but the others make no ****in sense? R400 for BO2? R200 - R250 makes more sense on sale but not ****in R400! I remember when buying BO1, WAW, MW2 and MW3 that they were the most affordable of the bunch but still pricey considering the age of the games. (they are between 10 - 13 years old respectively, R180 - R270 for each of them, why tho?)

Kind Regards
PrimeSteak
It's like this globally, they're always expensive mostly, it's so you always buy the latest one. The games are so similar that you shouldn't stop to think, "Hey, I can get the same thing for like 20% of the price!"

Not knocking COD, I enjoy them all, just is what it is, lol

Activision are VERY clever about getting you to always buy the latest and greatest.

Three facts of life, Deaths, Taxes, and a new COD at Christmas.

RedViking

Nord of the South
They have always been stupidly priced. Never been discounted more than 50%, and then only on ancient titles. Why?

Because they can.

S.Claus

Expert Member
Multiplayer is long dead or overrun with mod menus on the majority of them (locally atleast) . Just pirate the game if you intend to play the campaign.

*flies away on noob tube*

ScrooV

There's always been a lack of regional pricing amongst many AAA publishers on Steam. You can see the RRP (Steam's calculated Regional Price) as R263.67 in Fulcrum29's post above. Luckily, there are many great titles that do use RP - making it easy (for me) to skip the big titles.

PrimeSteak

It's like this globally, they're always expensive mostly, it's so you always buy the latest one. The games are so similar that you shouldn't stop to think, "Hey, I can get the same thing for like 20% of the price!"

Not knocking COD, I enjoy them all, just is what it is, lol

Activision are VERY clever about getting you to always buy the latest and greatest.
Lmao, the only CODs I have on Steam are ones that I have on PS3 except for BO2 but I'm looking into it and I'm not going to even bother with ghosts.
Three facts of life, Deaths, Taxes, and a new COD at Christmas.
Lmao, honestly after WWII my brain just completely turned off to the new COD games. And seems like Vanguard is gonna be a shitshow from what I've heard. Honestly, they should make the games as hard-hitting, high-octane as they always were from 2007 - 2014 instead of constantly trying to cash in on nostalgia. But that is the problem with the industry in general lately, too many remakes and remasters and too little OG awesome games

PrimeSteak

Cause Activision Blizzard...

Go look at what it cost for a 20+ year old games on Battle dot net
1632235517378.png
You mean R520 for Remastered Warcraft 3 that I got the OG version of anyway during high school FOR FREE? OMG such a steal...
1632235655603.png
I've never understood why certain games cost over R1000 like why m8, it's the same thing with FIFA. Why R1000 for a soccer game?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
View attachment 1151918
You mean R520 for Remastered Warcraft 3 that I got the OG version of anyway during high school FOR FREE? OMG such a steal...
View attachment 1151922
I've never understood why certain games cost over R1000 like why m8, it's the same thing with FIFA. Why R1000 for a soccer game?

The market allows it. Many people complain about these prices, but millions more purchase at these prices. We are already at the $70 AAA mark.

Though people appreciate ownership, you don't own these titles in any case, it is becoming more sensible to subscribe to a gaming library service.

I see it is rumoured that MS is purchasing another renowned publisher or developer. Big players are herding gaming into an ecosystem.

Personally I don't like it since I support ownership, but many, probably most, support subs.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
I see it is rumoured that MS is purchasing another renowned publisher or developer. Big players are herding gaming into an ecosystem.

Off topic....
Been seeing the same rumor mill's doing the rounds, with some speculation leaning towards Ubisoft....
Now that gonna open a can of Anti-trust/monopoly whoop ass if I haven't seen one.