Why the hate?

Geriatrix

Executive Member
Why do dogs hate cats? What did cats ever do to them? Sure cats are mostly arrogant and maybe even pretentious but seriously. Dogs are mostly loyal, caring and most importantly subordinate. They'll basically never let you down.

Which begs the question, do they know something we don't? Are cats actually out to get us? They are probably not very good actors because everyone who owns a cat knows they're pure evil.

What do you think.

adrianx

Expert Member
Different species?

My most-wonderful-kindest-and-most-loving-dachshund-doggy-in-the-world would probably try to kill an elephant that happens to wander into my yard, if only he could.

He also hates rabbits, mice, birds, skinks, insects - the list goes on, but he "adores" most other dogs, even if those dogs don't necessarily feel the same way about him. :)

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
adrianx, you completely missed the point. Cats are evil. Dogs know this. They try to protect us from it. I've had this discussion with my wife. Now, personally I side with the dogs, yet we're still sharing our house with a cat. Actually, we happen to stay in the cat's house... :mad:

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
/pictures Garyvdh frantically clicking from one thread to the next, posting 'Can't we all just get along'

Learnt a new catchphrase? :D

kwaggawerner

Cats want to enslave humanity... their cute purring and soft fur is apparently intoxicating to humans, which makes them go into a trance, some humans, and all dogs are immune to this, but the "War against Opposition & Oppression of Felines" or "WOOF" for short, is a multi national association of all agents with badge number K9, and their allies, who's lifes' mission is to prevent this evil empire of felines to take a hold of the highest echelons of human aristocracy.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
/pictures Garyvdh frantically clicking from one thread to the next, posting 'Can't we all just get along'

Learnt a new catchphrase? :D
If you had been around for longer than 830 posts you would know I have many catch phrases! :p

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
o.....k some people took the movie Cats and Dogs too seriously...... do you also think theres a G. I. Joe base some were in the Sahara desert?
Anyway Ive seen cats and dogs get along l.ike best friends (Its mostly in how the brought up)

Johnsilver

How to make a cat hover:
Take a slice of low GI toast. Butter it. Strap it to the back of the cat butter side up. Toss the cat lightly into the air.
The two forces should equalize each other and leave the universe undecided over whether the toast should land on the butter and the cat should land on it's feet. You can't do this to dogs. They end up falling on their backs most of the times. They also don't like it very much. In retrospect the cat's didn't like it much either.
The hate between cat's and dogs? I think it's genetic knowledge of incompatibility in sharing a habitat. But also just different personalities in how they go about and how they play etc.
Between people there will almost always be an us and them. Racism is a good example. Almost all the primates will violently attack others of the same species if they entered their domain. We even do it civilized through sport like rugby. We have a genetic need for "war"

smokey

Honorary Master
The real question is which lunch menu should you take to work... the healthy one or the unhealthy (but infinitely tastier) one? The cats 'n dogs issue has been used toc loud out the first point on many an occasion - which begs the question... why don't "they" want you to talk about lunch?

Geriatrix

Executive Member
The real question is which lunch menu should you take to work... the healthy one or the unhealthy (but infinitely tastier) one? The cats 'n dogs issue has been used toc loud out the first point on many an occasion - which begs the question... why don't "they" want you to talk about lunch?
Please don't derail the thread. This is serious. You can discuss your lunch theory(which at first glance seems to have some merit) in your own thread.

Hmmm on second thought, maybe you're a cat trying to confuse us into complacency.... :eek:
I've got my eye on you

Chris_H

Expert Member
Well dogs love humans... dogs can lick their own balls, humans cant. Cats can lick their own balls too... I think cats are taunting dogs by doing this. The dogs don't like it!